Building up elbows

Options
wewon
wewon Posts: 838 Member
What are some good weight training exercises to build elbow muscles?

I've been lifting free weights for about 1 year and have seen a lot of mass improvement, but my elbows seem to be lagging behind (both in size and strength). They are the same size that they were a year ago.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Do you mean forearms, biceps, triceps?
  • wewon
    Options
    Do you mean forearms, biceps, triceps?

No, my triceps, forearms and biceps are all progressing nicely.

My elbows, however, are the exact same size as they were last year. :cry:
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I hear that the duck dance builds up your elbows AND your knees, but only when done properly while cleansing.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories???
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I'm going to need to see a picture to understand...
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I would recommend focusing on your uvula first. You know what rippetoe says! You can't bulk up your elbows without bulking up your uvula!
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would recommend focusing on your uvula first. You know what rippetoe says! You can't bulk up your elbows without bulking up your uvula!

I disagree. Everybody knows that if you bulk up your uvula without working out your eyebrows, it'll throw your form all out of whack.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options

I disagree. Everybody knows that if you bulk up your uvula without working out your eyebrows, it'll throw your form all out of whack.

only if you're in starvation mode, though.
  • wewon
    Options

That's what I've always heard.

Several months ago I was at the gym, doing my uvula routine, when a guy came over to tell me that.

He said that if I over develop my uvula, that I may as well purchase a one way ticket to Snap City.

The last thing that I want to do is totally blow out my uvula.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options

Several months ago I was at the gym, doing my uvula routine, when a guy came over to tell me that.

He said that if I over develop my uvula, that I may as well purchase a one way ticket to Snap City.

Wow, I guess I need to add weighted eyebrow raises to my routine. God know what might have happened without you guys. Thanks MFP!!! #cheesygrin #thumbsup
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood.

You need to do elbow kegels.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly, this is all the stupidest advice I've ever heard. I know the actual answer to this one. You know how they say foods that look like certain body parts are good for that part (walnuts look like brains so they're good for your brain, avocado looks like a uterus so it's good for reproductive health, etc...)? Elbow macaroni. Think about it. Any would do, but I recommend Kraft mac and cheese. It has cheese (ish), which will add calcium and help in your quest for toned elbows. Good luck.
  • ChristySeeksBalance
    ChristySeeksBalance Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've got this weird wrinkly skin on my elbows. What is the best exercise to spot reduce this? Shake weight maybe?
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly, this is all the stupidest advice I've ever heard. I know the actual answer to this one. You know how they say foods that look like certain body parts are good for that part (walnuts look like brains so they're good for your brain, avocado looks like a uterus so it's good for reproductive health, etc...)? Elbow macaroni. Think about it. Any would do, but I recommend Kraft mac and cheese. It has cheese (ish), which will add calcium and help in your quest for toned elbows. Good luck.

I heard this is true from my aunt's best friends ex-boyfriend's little sister who said that her gym teacher's dad read about it in Prevention.
  • ChristySeeksBalance
    ChristySeeksBalance Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I heard this is true from my aunt's best friends ex-boyfriend's little sister who said that her gym teacher's dad read about it in Prevention.

Dr. Oz says this too.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I've had to go light on my uvula curls ever since my uvular hernia.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you all are being mean.

i think the OP really means to say elbow gap