Weight Training where do I start???

tracypk
tracypk Posts: 233 Member
Hi All. So I just upped my cals and have been able to maintain my weight for weeks now. I feel like it's time for me to start lifting but I don't know where to start. I don't have a lot of money for a personal trainer. I get to do this on my own for the most part. My question is where do I start? What exercises and weights are best to start with? Thank you so much for your input. :smile:

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Hi All. So I just upped my cals and have been able to maintain my weight for weeks now. I feel like it's time for me to start lifting but I don't know where to start. I don't have a lot of money for a personal trainer. I get to do this on my own for the most part. My question is where do I start? What exercises and weights are best to start with? Thank you so much for your input. :smile:

There are 3 beginer programs for strength training I'd recommed to you. New Rules of Lifting For Women, Stronglifts 5x5 (the website and the guy is weird but the program is great and has a great iPhone app to keep track of your workouts) and Starting Strength. Look em over and see which is best for you.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member

There are 3 beginer programs for strength training I'd recommed to you. New Rules of Lifting For Women, Stronglifts 5x5 (the website and the guy is weird but the program is great and has a great iPhone app to keep track of your workouts) and Starting Strength. Look em over and see which is best for you.

These are all great plans for beginning strength training. I also suggest Jamie Eason's Fitness Bible workout plan. All of these would be great though!
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Thank you so much.