INSANITY-by Shaun T of BB.

Options
hmo4
hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
Just ordered it today and am sooo pumped. I've done some of P90X, but due to injuries, had to quit by week 6 or so. (Happened twice). I'm now healed and have the ok to go HARDCORE, so I spent the cash, and am wondering what it's really like. I love Shaun, and have done all his other videos-with great results.

So I'm starting the INSANITY thread....3.gif

Replies

• Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in my first week of Insanity - think P90X plyo on crack! I have already developed a love-hate relationship with it. Dying while I'm in it, but love it when I'm done. If you don't have a HRM yet, I would recommend one - I'm at my max with every workout. The moves aren't all that hard, it's just the speed and intensity that you do them at (with no rest) that makes it so insane. Good luck!

Stephanie
  • hmo4
    Options
    How long are the workouts?
  • Stephomie
    Options
    The workouts are 30-45 minutes, at least the first month. It's a 10 min warm up, 6 or 7 min stretch, then about 20 min of insanity and the rest stretching. Even the warm-up is a great workout and gets you sweating. I'm 36 and fit, and my HR maxes out at 178-180 during the workouts, even during the "warm-up." They are awesome!
  • smartinez06360
    smartinez06360 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 of Insanity. I never thought I would say that PlyoX was easy, but halfway through the Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit I was wishing for PlyoX.

Be prepared it's a sweatfest! I agree with Stephanie none of the moves are difficult until you do them at warp speed without a break:bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey Kathy!! You are going to LOVE it!! :heart: There is an Insanity thread going on now. I'm on day 5 and loving it!! :bigsmile:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I am scared of a workout called Insanity. :noway:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Be afraid... :laugh: They are just really intense cardio and you'd better be prepared to sweat! :bigsmile:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Be afraid... :laugh: They are just really intense cardio and you'd better be prepared to sweat! :bigsmile:

Yea, a friend did it yesterday and she said it was like our Powermax class on crack. I am very afraid!! th_lipssealed.gif
  • hmo4
    Options
    I'm pumped-but if I have to do it daily, I can't start it yet! More damn surgery, travel in Sept. HMMM October? How else can I start it sooner?:grumble:
  • Stephomie
    Options
    It's certainly a program you can take on the road, all you need is dvd player and a towel - prepare to sweat!
  • hmo4
    Options
    Good to know! Still awaiting the arrival. Do I have to do more than 1 program a day?
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    You are going to love Insanity!! Shaun T rocks.. :)