obesessed....

Options
Obesessed is what she said when reffered to my calorie counting. "Are you only eating one bar because of the calories, ughh.. you are so obsessed" This is what she said as saw me only eat one nature valley granola bar.

Isn't that the point! You are supposed to be dedicated to it. You are supposed to be commited to this..if that ='s obesessed then I will be obsessed.

I said " Well I'll never the lose weight not paying attention to what Im eating... I've done this before I know what it takes to get it back off, slacking on counting calories is not how you lose weight"

Her repsonse " pfff... well remind me to never bring you any cookies, brownines, or cake"

Me " thanks...Im sure I would just say no thanks anyway"

Now what bothers me is we have worked together for the past 8 months. I have been a very healthy eatter, just had gotten out of counting my calories, so consistently. At one point I was writing it down, then I went back to livestrong.com to track. Why is just now she commenting about this crap. It's not new... she's no negative and Im completely over her.

Sorry had to vent :grumble: :angry: :grumble:

Replies

• ConnieB1979
    ConnieB1979 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! Im obsessed too!!!!!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Ignore her. She is jealous of your dedication. More people need to pay attention to what they eat! Keep at it!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    She's probably just jealous because you have a bit of self control. I have to admit though- those nature valley granola bars are addicting and sometimes it IS hard to eat just one! lol
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I agree... she must have some issues with me, because why would that even be any issue

thanks ladies for reading crazy rant
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Reminder her of it when you start buying smaller sizes, and she buys larger... :)
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    it is YOUR business what you want to eat or don't want to eat. Don't worry about her. You are watching out for your health and she is just watching instead of doing.
  • dani_1977
    Options
    Reminder her of it when you start buying smaller sizes, and she buys larger... :)

****enter scene*** ( me sashaying down the cubicle aisle in my size 10's)

***exit scene*** (SEXY smaller booty passing here by)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose 80 lbs in 13 months not being obsessed..

And who eats 2 granola bars at once anyway?????? Thats like eating 2 bananas or 2 chocolate bars, no? lol
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    "only" one granola bar? holy cow, how many does she think you are supposed to eat in a sitting?! :huh:
  • dani_1977
    Options

And who eats 2 granola bars at once away?????? Thats like eating 2 bananas or 2 chocolate bars no lol

it's the pack where they try to trick you in to eating both bars b/c they are in one pack together. packaged as you are supposed to eat both and if you have the calories... hey go ahead it's only 190 cal. But I dont have it today... so I opted 1 for 80cal.
  • sthomas94403
    Options
    I wouldn't call it obsession, I'd call it diligence! :)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    "only" one granola bar? holy cow, how many does she think you are supposed to eat in a sitting?! :huh:

Lollll!!

I love being obsessed. Good for you!!!!
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    Maybe she is not aware of the definition of being obsessed. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ugh. "Obsessed" is when you consume 300 calories per day, puke up 200 and then burn another 500. Or count out how many grains of salt you're allowing on your half a tomato. Or crying hysterically because you missed a step class for the first time in three years of going every day.

Dedication is watching what you eat (which includes NOT just watching it go in your mouth) and being mindful of portion sizes.

Sounds like jealousy to me. And co-workers can be the cattiest of all.

Haha, you could always just stare her down when she eats two granola bars and say "you're really going to eat TWO of those?" LOL, but that would be mean.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

And who eats 2 granola bars at once away?????? Thats like eating 2 bananas or 2 chocolate bars no lol

it's the pack where they try to trick you in to eating both bars b/c they are in one pack together. packaged as you are supposed to eat both and if you have the calories... hey go ahead it's only 190 cal. But I dont have it today... so I opted 1 for 80cal.

OHH I have never bought those so I didn't realize... but I agree, do whatever the heck you need to do to meet your goals... When I first started out I was the anal calorie counter at work... people made fun of me. I left there when I only had lost about 25 lbs. I recently sent them some pics and they were floored.. Asked me how I did it so quick, I replied 'anal calorie counting remember?' lol Don't let her get you down, it's so worth it.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is an obsession. Seriously I don't know if there's any other way to do it without being "obsessed" with each calorie. Or it just loses the meaning.
  • Gamergl
    Gamergl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that gets mad if I don't order a drink when we go out for dinner - I'd rather drink tea or water and use the calories towards my meal - because we always go out to my favourite place - and I just don't get it.... Why are people so concerned about everyone else? I mean I don't give a crap what she orders and puts in HER body....!!!

So - I totally understand.

and oh - ya, this is the same person that complains constantly because she can't loose weight - lol - I've learned to tune it all out and change the subject.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I want to be obsessed!!!!

It's so easy to say stuff like that to people who are working hard because it makes us feel better about our lack of self control/diligence/effort, etc. I'm sure I've said things like that...not out of any real intent to hurt someone, but because it helped me to justify eating four granola bars...or six...or...well, you get the point.

Keep up the good work. You motivate me!!! And, I need the motivation!!!!
  • ses0786
    ses0786 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
  • cyndist
    cyndist Posts: 43
    Options
    When I was working in a medical clinic as a Medical Assistant I counted my calories to the t and you would not believe how much I was teased and razzed for doing that. And this is health care. So I gave up gained weight because I couldn't handle the pressure of those perfectly overweight beings teasing me. How sad is that? I quit my job, (I quit because we did move 1400 miles away from my job) I have my focus back and realize (and I know some will disagree with me and think what a lazy bum she is she won't even work at a real job) that I don't need to work I don't need the money I would much prefer having my health and well being over money any day. I am losing weight again and really would love to put my CPT cert to work for me. =) Sorry I hijacked your thread.
    Don't pay attention to her. I have a sign in my gym that says "Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated." Print that out and hang it by your desk so that way everyone can see it. =)
    Happy Counting!