Terrified of stopping

Options
I have been consistently using MFP for a year with quite a bit of success. I am only 4 pounds from my goal weight but have hit a major plateau, 5 months with no change. 2 Months ago I increased by caloric intake from 1200 to 1500 and began cardio (30-45 min 4 days per week). I have been eating back my workout calories diligently. Still no change! I have seen several suggestions of eating more and taking a break from exercise, but I am TERRIFIED! It took a lot of work to get where I am now and have gotten myself into a great lifestyle.

My fears are not only of putting weight back on, but de-railing the lifestyle that I worked so hard to maintain. It may be an irrational fear, but I'm simply afraid of this change and the work it will take to get back this spot if it doesn’t go well. Is anyone else in the same situation? Am I alone in this fear?

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hold up there. You're happy where you're at? Why do you need to lose the extra then? I don't buy into the eat back the calories philosophy either. If I ate back my calories I'd weigh a lot more than I do now. Everyone is different, everyone has different metabolisms.

I will tell you that an early morning workout makes a big difference for me (10 minutes abs, 15 min walk when I can) and so does green tea.

Don't give up and keep up the cardio. You'll probably live longer. Best of luck.