Extra weight lifting with hand weights

Options
I have been doing 30DS and so I have been using 5lb hand weights for that. My boyfriend has 10lb hand weights because he is doing the video with me.

My question is if anyone has any tips on other weight lifting exercises that I can do to strengthen my muscles using 5lb or 10lb hand weights aside from the video. I did a search on the forum for threads about weight lifting with hand weights but all that came up was where someone asked the same thing and the only reply was a guy who posted links to 2 body building websites that didn't actually have any exercises using hand weights, at all.

So, is there anyone that has used their 30DS hand weights to their advantage for other exercise?

Replies

• iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    check out the book "new rules for lifting for women". i checked it out of my library and am reading it now.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You can preview the workouts on Collagevideo.com

1. Supreme 90 Day. 10 dvd muscle confusion program for $19.99 or less. You can find it at Walgreens, Target, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond ($9.99), Dollar General Store

2. Chris Freytag 10 Pound Slimdown. You can buy it on Amazon.com. You can preview on Collagevideo.com here http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=6047. They don't sell it anymore.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the same exercise done with any size weights can be done with hand weights. that's probably why the link to bodybuilding.com was giving.

it's not like the exercises are going to be different just because you're using hand weights
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Just about any exercise that can be done with a barbell can be done with dumbbells. At least, until you get into the really heavy ranges (which I doubt will ever be a problem). Just google or youtube dumbbell exercises, there are about 100 of them.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, they are very helpful. :)