How Endomondo has Motivated Me More than Anything Ever...

Options

Replies

• iiFarmerii
    iiFarmerii Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am using it wrong but it seemed pretty feature-less to me. It can't find my GPS signal when I am standing under a cloudless desert sky, and it gives me incorrect mileage. *I run the same route each time, and have driven it as well as plotted it on mapquest pedometer and got a totally different (larger) mileage with endomondo* :ohwell:

Wow... I haven;t had that bad of luck with Endomondo at all... I'm sorry that you have had those issue :(
  • fumter
    fumter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Endomondo.
    I bought it a while back when Android had their 10 cent app sales and it sat on my phone idle for months.

I went out this past weekend and bought a new bike and used this app on my first ride and fell in love.

My favorite feature - Seeing which song I was listening to when i was going my fastest. BRILLIANT!
    The GPS tracking is pretty accurate on my HTC Sensation.

Anyone know of any Bluetooth bike sensor for tracking speed and cadence?
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes I use it every time I walk or jog outside. I really like it too.
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I tried Endomondo and felt it was kind of outdated seeming, compared with some of the features in other apps. My favorite is Run Keeper. That is motivating. But I'm glad you like Endomondo!
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    bump too look up :)
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    I tried Endomondo and felt it was kind of outdated seeming, compared with some of the features in other apps. My favorite is Run Keeper. That is motivating. But I'm glad you like Endomondo!

I have heard a lot about Run Keeper..... Can you tell me a bit about it?
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I started using Endomondo this month and I also enjoy it. So far, so good.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded it to my iPhone to see what it's all about; thanks for sharing this with us... this is the first time I've heard of it.

9821387.png
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I just recently downloaded that app. I love it! It's wonderful! I love seeing how many calories I burn and how far I go and so on :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    One thing endomondo suggests if before any outdoor activity... reboot your phone and grab new more accurate GPS readings... That has helped me out huge... I haven't had any issues...

Hadn't thought of that :laugh: it makes sense! Even though GPS isn't that great for distance (which is what I primarily use it for since I have a HRM) it's by far my fave app. Totally motivates me to move. Love seeing and making more PR's!
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love my Endomondo!
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I am going to try Endomondo today for my skating rounds. I am excited to see, how many miles I actually skate. :happy:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    :wink: Prefer Strava tbh...
  • gatecityradio
    gatecityradio Posts: 401
    Options
    I find that it's not very accurate when mountain biking or walking/hiking, but it's very close when I ride paved trails and when I run. I still use it though. I assume it's more accurate than just putting in the time on here and getting a random cal burned.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i downloaded it last month to track how far i was walking, i joined a 100 miles walking challenge at the start of the month and so far i have managed 127 miles i love it xx
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    i downloaded it last month to track how far i was walking, i joined a 100 miles walking challenge at the start of the month and so far i have managed 127 miles i love it xx

Wow... that is awesome to get in 100+ in a month... I am about to hit 150+ in a month and a half but I have been doing mosstly cycling...
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I tried it endomondo out for my skating round. The tracking was perfect. But the calories I burned were way off. Showed me 200 more than my polar watch. So they got to work on this one.
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Endomondo. I find it very very accurate. I ran the same route on 5 different days and the distances are all within .05 miles of each other. This morning I used it on a marked trail and the distance matched up perfectly to the trail markers. It was a winding path partly in the woods. I always turn off wifi on my phone before I use it.

I think I'm going to buy the paid Pro app just to support the developers, I love it so much.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Do I have to subscribe to the "pro" version to get anything? because right now all i get is a timer, and that's crap.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!