Beautiful faces

2»

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    What a beautiful message. I grew up thinking I was ugly and still struggle with some low self esteem. I still don't think I'm attractive but now that I'm older I don't really care what anyone thinks of my loooks. I know I'm a beautiful person on the inside and my real friends and family love me anyway regardless of what I look like on the outside.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    My mother used to always tell me that the worse thing God could do would be to give you a daughter that looks exactly like you only 28 years younger. That being said, she then proceeded to make me think I was fat and unattractive my whole life. Needless to say, she isn't a part of it anymore. And now, the most wonderful gift God could have ever given me is a daughter who looks exactly like me and is 25 years younger. How can I think she's beautiful and help her to be self-confident if I'm constantly letting her think I find myself unattractive. Both my babies and my husband who tells me I'm irresistible are my reason for my health, and why I'm learning to be happy with what I am now, while enjoying the changes I'm making for an even better me.

Keep it up ladies. You are putting forth your best efforts, and you definitely ALL deserve your best!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    I am one of those people who do not see themselves as beautiful in any sense. I feel ugly every single day I go to work because I work with some of the prettiest young women (I work on a college campus) and I'm over 40. I see myself as intelligent....not beautiful/pretty/good looking.

My low self esteem gets me everytime. It has all my life.

But I'm working on it.

So thanks for the kind words :flowerforyou: but it's something that I have to work on from the inside out.

You do not look like you're over 40! :wink: Really.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    :flowerforyou: bumping for the weekend peeps
  • arewethereyet
    I am one of those people who do not see themselves as beautiful in any sense. I feel ugly every single day I go to work because I work with some of the prettiest young women (I work on a college campus) and I'm over 40. I see myself as intelligent....not beautiful/pretty/good looking.

My low self esteem gets me everytime. It has all my life.

But I'm working on it.

So thanks for the kind words :flowerforyou: but it's something that I have to work on from the inside out.
    :noway: Seriously?

With that beautiful hair, lovely smile, high cheebones??

I mean I know how you feel, I am just coming into my own myself at 48.........but plz don't do as I and waste years thinking you are not beautiful..............because you are!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    My mother used to always tell me that the worse thing God could do would be to give you a daughter that looks exactly like you only 28 years younger. That being said, she then proceeded to make me think I was fat and unattractive my whole life. Needless to say, she isn't a part of it anymore. And now, the most wonderful gift God could have ever given me is a daughter who looks exactly like me and is 25 years younger. How can I think she's beautiful and help her to be self-confident if I'm constantly letting her think I find myself unattractive. Both my babies and my husband who tells me I'm irresistible are my reason for my health, and why I'm learning to be happy with what I am now, while enjoying the changes I'm making for an even better me.

Keep it up ladies. You are putting forth your best efforts, and you definitely ALL deserve your best!

Oh my, that made me cry.

I had always made comments about myself because my mom always said fat ppl are just plain lazy, and there is no excuse for it. Before she died I was 125 pounds, and she made comments about my big butt and putting down the greasy chips.

I felt that fending off comments BEFORE they were made with humor was a good defense. I was always makeing comments such as:

" Hey, I think I can get my fat *kitten* off the couch for a minute to walk to the mail box"
    " MAN....will my fat *kitten* FIT in this car"
    'Good thing fat girls are jolly......helps me lol a lot"
    " Going to the beach, hope Green Peace doesn't come roll be back into the ocean"

Turns out my little girl is the spitting image of me (Thank you Jesus) and everywhere we went ppl always said how much she looks JUST like me.

One day my daughter and I met some new people. The usual comments about DD looking like me were made.............and then I made " Guess I better get my fat *kitten* to the buffet-wouldnt want to miss a bite!"

A lady in her 50s I had just met pointed out that I just told my daughter she was fat and ugly. :noway: ExCUSE me??? She is beautiful, look at that face.........those eyes.........that smile............she pointed back at me and said " I could say the same thing!"

She had a nice conversation with me about self esteem and passing it on. That words are strong and we can mold the feelings of our next generation of women.

That was the LAST time I called myself names, it was 10 years ago. My DD and I have discussed this and she admitted she felt ugly at times because of this, but that was a turning point in her life.

Ladies, we are beautiful. God does NOT make mistakes, and he put our faces and bodies together with love. If we treat them as the temple he has loaned us...........we will FEEL as beautiful as we ARE!

Happy Saturday:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.