I caved :(

Options
13»

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    it never fails...someone posts about over eating and everyone says the same thing..."don't beat yourself up" etc etc etc.

blah blah blah

instead...take good notice of how you are reacting to your indulgence...take notes...use this moment of weakness to prevent it from happening again....

use it, beat yourself up a bit so you remember it and then move on

dont buy into all this ...its part of life nonsense....your new life can begin as soon as you start taking responsibility for your actions

good luck

are you serious?

200 calories of anything can fit into EVERY DAY...It IS part of LIFE to enjoy things...when we change our mindset about food is when we can move forward.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day, but you still have today left!

So try to push yourself to earn some extra exercise cals...even if you don`t make the whole 200 you can do some more tomorrow to get yourself back on track.

The best laid plans don`t always work out as we want.

Keep at it and you will get there x
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Happens all the time! Now its about what you do next, the very next choice. Knwo that you will be over on this day and keep going....gettig stuck is what causes us to throw in the towel. One mistake doesnt void all the effort and the changes that happen slowly. Dust if off finishyour day as planned and if you can take an extra 30 min walk, if you cant so be it! Finish the day strong!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Gotta have little rewards...the reason you write it all down and log it is to remind you to NOT have the rewards every day. Besides as other people said 200 calories is a great reward.

I have rewards every day, and I have been consistently losing weight. I eat something "junky" at least once a day. I don't deprive myself or I could NEVER do this.
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It's good to have those time that you cave in. So you don;t feel so restricted. I've lost weight still having treats.
  • Crazyladyx5
    Crazyladyx5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!! Shame shame... ROFLOL!!! take an extra walk.. eat healthy the rest of the day.

It takes eating 5,500 calories to gain a pound.. I think you are ok... HUGS
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    As I fellow teacher, I TOTALLY understand the temptations that lurk on campus. However, don't beat yourself up over a 200 calorie snack, especially if you're planning on a workout anyway. And, if you're really worried about not being able to resist all the naughty treats flashed before you, here are a few strategies that have worked for me:

1) Let your colleagues and students know what your fitness goals are and how you plan to accomplish them. Once I did this, it made saying "no" so much easier. People stopped offering me sweets at meetings, the students made me cards instead of sugary snacks, and I even helped inspire others to start exercising and eating healthier.

2) PACK SNACKS!! Always have a stash of snacks on-hand to curb those last-minute cravings. My favorites are; sugar snap peas, baby carrots, strawberries, clementines, hurricane popcorn, and rice cakes.

3) Get up and move! Long gone are the days when I save all the day's paperwork for one trip to the office. If I need to walk across campus 4 or 5 times throughout the day, so be it! I also try to deliver items myself instead of recruiting the kids. While I don't log this as exercise, I DO find myself seizing every opportunity to be active at work.

4) Dessert plates. Yes, mini-plates- invest in them. You know those all-day professional development meetings (or career-day potluck extravaganzas) when everyone brings some delicious, but diary-poisonous, food item that is laid out on a table like some medieval king's superfluous spread? Yeah, THOSE! Use a dessert plate and promise to eat ONLY what fits on that plate. No going back for seconds either!! That is, unless you're willing to sweat it out later :wink:

Hope this helps...

Best of luck in all of your fitness goals :flowerforyou:
  • Msutch
    Msutch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went to a salad bar today and am 200+ over for the day...I'm a little bummed too but it happens.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I ate Smashburger with my boyfriend. I had an All American with bacon, a fried egg, american cheese, and haystack potatoes... It was probably around 1400 calories. I felt incredibly stuffed, but it was too delicious to feel any guilt for. Why feel guilty? This is my life. I can't stick to a diet plan that will never allow me a cheeseburger, or only let me have it when it's topped w/ a slice of Tremendous Guilt.

Then we went to the mall and walked a lot... I felt better after that. I was definitely over for the day, but it basically evened out for the week. I noticed now that I am eating 1700 calories instead of 1300/1400, my body always knows that more food is coming, so it doesn't try to hold on to every ounce like it's the last nourishment it will see. When I was eating 1300/1400 for several months, I would splurge a few hundred calories on the weekend, and I would almost instantly gain back any weight I may have lost during the week. Now, it's easier to lose as long as I stay active, I'm not starving and I don't have to feel guilty for a damn cheeseburger occasionally.

Damned if cheeseburgers and pizza won't remain in my life while I still look sexy as hell. Damned, damned, damned.

Oh, and beer, too.

:drinker:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!! Shame shame... ROFLOL!!! take an extra walk.. eat healthy the rest of the day.

It takes eating 5,500 calories to gain a pound.. I think you are ok... HUGS
    Isn't it 3500?
  • BHRussell
    BHRussell Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Your not the only one dear... I caved the other day with the homemade french fries... I gained weight(2 #) but I know in my heart it was the fries because I went over my cal count. Ok I just have to go on, don't look back look forward close your eyes and invision your skinny self. You will win the game in the long run. Just keep at it. :))
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    If life was a straight path, it would get pretty boring. Now, "caving" and staying in said cave and eating cave goodies for ever and never bouncing back. Also a straight line....down. :)

That is life. You had an extra snack. On the bright side, your body no longer thinks you are dieting. :) Also on the bright side, you acknowledge what you did. You can exercise more or try to take it easy to tomorrow. BALANCE isn't just what your numbers add up to only today, but more what they add up to over time.

I cave once a week. On purpose even. And I am really strict the other 6 days. So far, it is working. :)
  • yungnold
    yungnold Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eated a cookie.

Love you for this
  • melbard127
    melbard127 Posts: 13
    Options
    we all do! And maybe you should feel guilty but the fact of it is you didn'T QUIT i used to wake up every am on a diet and by night I cheated all day and justQUIT! Now its my life and you may have not run this race but all that counts is no matter how many times you fall you get back up and finish!