Daily Check In 7/23/09

Options
Did you stay within you nutritional goals?
Was over 34. I am in a rut of not exercising. It's been about a week, it's obviously why I'm struggling to stay in my calories.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal?
No, didn't exercise. Not by much, but I did go over on my calories.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of?
Went to Dunkin Donuts with friends, didn't order anything.

What would I have done differently? EXERCISED!

What is today's personal goals? Stay within my calories and workout

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals?
    Yup.

Pretty much, although didn't get in my run.

Under stress, still ate healthy.

What would I have done differently?
    Thought before tasting the pop-tart. Wasn't even thinking.

What is today's personal goals?
    Gym and get back to running, starting at 8 min again. Better to start at the beginning than not start at all.

Chain: <><
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    Yep, I came in at about 1210 calories.

Oh yea, I exercised even though I did a lot of lifting at work....and I exercised longer than I usually do, 40 minutes...

I brought my lunch to work and ONLY ate what I brought....

I wouldn't have eaten that Lolipop or the cookies just because I had the calories to do so. (More nutritionally dense food for me....)

Not to have any empty calories... besides that, yesterday was perfect! (It's been a while since I could say that, lol)
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello! Is this a thread you have to join, or can I just post to it?? I like the accountability...

No. Out with a friend, still made better choices than I would have normally, but it tipped me over.

No.

Decided what I was going to eat at Boston Pizza BEFORE we went - and stuck to it.

What would I have done differently? EXERCISED!!!

What is today's personal goals? EXERCISE!!!
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes even had a few to spare

Yes but I wish I could have gotten in another late afternoon workout. (but I did go shopping so maybe that counts for something)

I went grocery shopping and read the labels of everything and made only the best choices

What would I have done differently? Went shopping earlier so I could have gotten in a quick 30 min on the treadmill before it got too late.

What is today's personal goals? Stay motivated and train myself to like foods that are good to me
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yes, under by 40 cals

Yes, I only ate 18 almonds!

Did not eat brownies or fudge at work. I did save a piece of fudge for today cause with the rest not availible, I can stick to one small piece today. I LOVE FUDGE!

Ride bike instead of walking

Ride my bike for an hour and stop on the sweets after my one piece of fudge.

BTW - knowing I would be posting the results on the Chain definitely helped me!
  • coolviolet73
    Options
    Good morning!

Yes---by 28 calories. Not much, but it's better than going over.

Yes---I almost had myself talked into a "rest" day from the gym, but still managed to make it there and have an effective workout.

I survived 30 full minutes on the Cybex Arc Trainer---and burned 544 calories in the process. That's the longest I've been able to stay on the machine so far.

I would not have had double WW desserts---I had the calories for it, but still unnecessary.

What is today's personal goal?
    To mentally prepare myself for this weekend (it's my birthday) so that I don't binge eat. I have to remind myself that the best birthday gift I can give myself is a fitter, healther me!
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Yes. Under by 27 calories

Yes. I stayed within my calories but didn't make very healthy choices. I only made it because of the 500 calories I burned on the elliptical.

Went to the gym

What would I have done differently? Made healthier food choices

What is today's personal goals? Stay within my calories (with healthy choices) and workout... maybe a walk.

228075.png

I was thinking this morning how hard this was (and I've only been at it a month)... I guess anything you want bad enough is going to take some hard work and time. It took 8-10 years to put on the weight I can't imagine it will melt away in a month or two... It seems like it is all consuming... gee can I eat this? should I eat this? is this healthy? am I going to get to the gym? i have to workout... if I go out to eat tonight what can I eat? what should I eat? did I log it? OH MY!!! (just having one of those days...:grumble: ) Heh.... I made it through my master's... I am trying to think of this the same way :laugh: And that took 2 years... LOL
  • goldk
    Options

What is today's personal goal?
    To mentally prepare myself for this weekend (it's my birthday) so that I don't binge eat. I have to remind myself that the best birthday gift I can give myself is a fitter, healther me!

My birthday was last week and I didn't have any cake... it was a first in 40 years. LOL :bigsmile: Stay strong :flowerforyou: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals?
    :explode: No ... worst calorie day I've had in a long time - wasn't feeling well, so did some emotional eating

:mad: no, didn't exercise and ate way too many high calorie foods

:frown: Even with as badly as I did - I was tempted to be worse and stopped myself - so I guess that's good

exercised at least a little, made better food choices

I already did an hour of step - so that's good, I also plan to go for a walk tonight with a friend. I need to control my food choices better today.

Chain:
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    I was thinking this morning how hard this was (and I've only been at it a month)... I guess anything you want bad enough is going to take some hard work and time. It took 8-10 years to put on the weight I can't imagine it will melt away in a month or two... It seems like it is all consuming... gee can I eat this? should I eat this? is this healthy? am I going to get to the gym? i have to workout... if I go out to eat tonight what can I eat? what should I eat? did I log it? OH MY!!! (just having one of those days...:grumble: ) Heh.... I made it through my master's... I am trying to think of this the same way :laugh: And that took 2 years... LOL

Hang in there, pretty soon it will come natural. You'll learn what to eat without much thought. Things will get easier. Just think of the rewards, you have lost 8 lbs that's an avg of 2 per week. That's really good. And think of non scale rewards-how you feel, improving your health, sense of accomplishment, etc.

Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • goldk
    Options
    Found a quote that helps me understand what I'm feeling :smile:

"Many people fail in life, not for lack of ability or brains or even courage but simply because they have never organized their energies around a goal." Elbert Hubbard

I'm in the process of organizing my energy around my goal of being healthy... It's exhasting... LOL :drinker:

http://quotations.about.com/

Okay... I have a better one...

"You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance." Lee Iacocca
  • goldk
    Options

Hang in there, pretty soon it will come natural. You'll learn what to eat without much thought. Things will get easier. Just think of the rewards, you have lost 8 lbs that's an avg of 2 per week. That's really good. And think of non scale rewards-how you feel, improving your health, sense of accomplishment, etc.

Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!!:flowerforyou:

Am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!! :bigsmile: weighed myself this am, down to 169.6!!! :drinker:
    Haven't seen numbers this low in 10 years!!

Goldk.......relax, it will come naturally soon! Just keep thinking HEALTHY! that makes
    the food choices that much easier!!

Yes!

Yes

Didn't do any fast food........ate what I packed

Was stuck at work but would have tried to get some sort of exercise in

Make it through my work day without giving in to cravings!

Have a great day!
    Pam:flowerforyou:
  • goldk
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!!:flowerforyou:

Am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!! :bigsmile: weighed myself this am, down to 169.6!!! :drinker:
    Haven't seen numbers this low in 10 years!!

Goldk.......relax, it will come naturally soon! Just keep thinking HEALTHY! that makes
    the food choices that much easier!!

fiftyandfit - CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a huge accomplishment!!! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the encouraging words... just having a slight meltdown today. Feeling better now :bigsmile:
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! :flowerforyou:

YES! I finally did not go over!!! :tongue:

Yes I exercised and stayed below my max calorie intake without feeling hungry :bigsmile:

I got down to 191!!! :smooched:

What would I have done differently? Hmmm I can't think of anything really :happy:

Workout and burn a min of 500 calories on the elliptical in 35 min or less
    Circuit training!
    Stay below my max calorie intake

Keep up the good work all and don't let slip ups knock you down for good, just get right back up!!!:smooched:
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Calories, yes; protein and fat, not so much.

Yes and no, didn't have the pizza so I didn't overindulge there, but went to Cracker Barrel instead and I swear I start retaining water just walking into that place.

I went to my strength class at the gym over lunch and I ordered two veggies as sides rather than adding a bunch of my other favs.

Not got to Cracker Barrel, but it did taste good and every once in awhile isn't going to hurt.

Stay within my calories, watch my fat grams more carefully, and work out!