Party time woes

Options
Okay, so i've been on and off struggling with my healthy eating plan and trying to lose weight. However, a week today I turn 18 and I'm having a big birthday party. Mum and dad got the food for it today and there is sooooo much that of it that i want to try and that looks really good. How can i resist it? and feel bad about not eating it because they've paid for it, even though everyone else will probably enjoy it at the party. Help? :(

Replies

• nosila96
    nosila96 Posts: 25
    Options
    since it is your 18th b'day, you might as well have fun and enjoy it

eat what you want, it's just one day, and then get back on track the next

if you're worried you're going to gorge yourself over all that food, drink lots of fluids or have soup (if there is).

this way, you'll feel fuller

and use a small plate, preferably blue because we eat less if our plate is blue

Happy Early Birthday too!! :)
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Simple. Don't resist it.

Enjoy, you only turn 18 once. Now I'm not saying go in there and eat everything in sight like you're never going to eat another day in your life, but eat in moderation. I would also suggest fitting in a really great workout before the dinner/party so you have extra calories to indulge in.

Then, get back at it the next day. If there is one thing I've seen on this site, it's so many people commenting on not depriving yourself because if you do, you'll fall off the wagon and find it hard to stay on. It's a life style choice. Don't stress and have fun! :smile: