7 day cleanses...

Options
So of course I've fallen off the wagon again... with so much going on I just let myself go... i don't know why i did it and i hate myself... and now... coming up next saturday I'm a maid of honor in a wedding for a childhood friend and i don't know what to do. I was thinking about going to the Vitamin Shoppe later today adn getting a 7 day cleanse, don't they help you lose a few pounds? does anybody have any suggestions on what I should get? I don't want to crash diet, because I know that will backfire on me... but from eating so much fast food and junk these past few days my body just feels like crap. I was thinking maybe if i did a cleanse it would help jumpstart me back into gear.. thanks.

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Eat clean.... lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein and exercise your butt off. The quick fix things are ineffective in achieving your goals long term. Start now....don't just sit there and complain.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat erica! I ate so much junk over the weekend I was seriously thinking about doing something like that. I know that it won't help my long term, but anything that will rid me of this junk would just make me feel better and like you said "jump start" the process again. Short of taking a laxative, what are the other options? I'd like to hear the feedback on this as well - and I dont' wanna hear the negative ones - I think we both know that this isn't the ideal way to lose weight long term. :smile:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Eat clean.... lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein and exercise your butt off. The quick fix things are ineffective in achieving your goals long term. Start now....don't just sit there and complain.

I'm agreeing with you.
    Just because you ate badly is not a reason to now starve your body of the nutrition it needs. Start eating healthy again and exercise.
    A cleanse is not even a quick fix or good for a jump start. All you will do is miss on out on nutrition and fuel.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    dont do the cleansers...from my experience a lot of fresh fruits and veggies along with a good amount of water intake will take care of the bloating in about 3-4 days, also watch your sodium intake and have a lean meat for dinner, i perfer chicken breast....just remember this method of cleansing is meant more for a few days ...after doing it for 3-4 days slowly switch back to a regular healthy eating change that will accomidate your lifestyle but that is still good for your body :smile:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

you took the words out of mouth :flowerforyou: