Always thirsty

Daisy_May
Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I drink about 2.5 liters a day of water plus a few cups of peppermint tea and I'm still always thirsty! I do walk for about 2 hours a day so I'm hoping that it's just my increase in activity, has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Well, 1.9 liters a day is recommended for people who are NOT working out. Depending on hom much you are working out, how much you sweat and what the surrounding temp is, you could still be shy of your need (although not by much I imagine)

I take in about half a liter more a day than you, and there are times that i am thirsty.

There are other potential problems. how is your health? Being thirsty can be a symptom of other things like diabetes. .... if it keeps up, and you know you are getting enough water, you should see a doc.

Good luck!
  • Daisy_May
    Well I figure if I'm still as crazy thirsty as this in a couple of weeks I'll go to the doctor, I am Hypoglycemic so the chance of becoming diabetic is really high, so I do worry a little.
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    I know that any sort of caffeine can dehydrate you. Maybe up the water dosage if you're drinking caffeine and working out. But I know what you mean. I drink about 3 liters of water a day and I'm always thirsty too!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    maybe start checking your sodium intake?...if I have an abnormally high sodium day i always tend to drink a lot a lot of water
  • Tea makes me so thirsty, especially hot tea! And it's a natural diuretic (makes me go to the bathroom like crazy). That's why I now limit myself to one cup a day. :laugh:
  • Daisy_May
    I only drink one caffinated cup of tea a day, the rest of the day is non caffinated peppermint tea. I'm always under my sodium for the day.....
  • Daisy_May
    Thanks fo the respnses though! I appreciate you all taking the time:happy:
This discussion has been closed.