A good quote to live by !!!

Options
13»

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options

Very nice. I am jealous of your ability to pull the fork away. However, not all of us are like that and for those of us who don't know when to say no, its quotes like these that keeps us going. For me atleast I know I can't say no after just 1 cookie. This is why I got to this point. My mindset should change and hopefully with time it would but till then, I am completely avoiding these delicacies because even the whiff of them makes me wanna dive in completely and next thing I know, I'm eating 6,000+ calories a day (my actual number of calories before I started paying attention).

tl;dr: One method don't work for everybody. Let them be happy NOT eating that small cup of icecream and try supporting them instead of saying "1 won't hurt" because they won't be stopping at just 1
    I definitely won't begrudge someone doing things in a way that works for them. I always say that the diet/fitness regimen you can stick with and get results from is infinitely better than a "perfect" routine that you can't do either with :)
  • JediMindfck
    JediMindfck Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have read some wonderful quotes on this post. Sadly, my quote will do nothing to add to the wonder. I did, however, find it amusing and felt compelled to share. Please don't read too much into it folks. I pass the following email excerpt on as was intended when forwarded to me, in light-hearted jest.

"For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies...

Japanese eat VERY LITTLE fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Aussies, British or Americans.

Mexicans eat A LOT of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Aussies, British or Americans.

Chinese drink VERY LITTLE red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Aussies, British or Americans.

Italians drinks A LOT of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Aussies, British or Americans.

Germans drink A LOT of beer and eat LOTS of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Aussies, British or Americans.

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink whatever you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you " :wink:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I have read some wonderful quotes on this post. Sadly, my quote will do nothing to add to the wonder. I did, however, find it amusing and felt compelled to share. Please don't read too much into it folks. I pass the following email excerpt on as was intended when forwarded to me, in light-hearted jest.

"For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies...

Japanese eat VERY LITTLE fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Aussies, British or Americans.

Mexicans eat A LOT of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Aussies, British or Americans.

Chinese drink VERY LITTLE red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Aussies, British or Americans.

Italians drinks A LOT of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Aussies, British or Americans.

Germans drink A LOT of beer and eat LOTS of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Aussies, British or Americans.

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink whatever you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you " :wink:

Ich liebe dich!