Tips for losing weight

Options
This is just my opinion based on a little research and personal experience.

1. Keep track of the food you eat. Sounds easy but most people underestimate their calories by 50%.

2. Don't skip meals. The reason for this is simple, when you skip a meal you are hungrier longer. This will trigger something in your brain that will draw you to high calorie foods (cravings). If you can eat at regular intervals, that will help.

3. Low fat dairy that is high in calcium actually traps fat and keeps it from absorbing into your system. In other words you poop it out.

4. Protein will keep you full longer and it has the added benefit of retaining or gaining some muscle.

5. Exercise has the added benefit of after-burn. When you exercise you deplete your fat stores, not many but enough that in the next 22 hours they will have to be replenished and thats where the weight loss comes in.

6. Any exercise is good for you. Take the stairs, park away from the building, walk to the corner grocery store, take a bike ride. Everything doesn't have to be an all out exercise attack. Anything you can do will help.

A study was done in England in which several obese people who claimed to have a low metabolic rate was tested. Not one was low. Please don't lie to yourself about how much you eat and how much you exercise the only person your hurting is yourself.

Yes there are people out there with a low metabolism, but it is not common. Most people either forget what they ate or are just in denial.

I am not commenting on how much to eat because that is an individual choice based on how much they want to lose and how quickly.

GOOD LUCK AND SUCCESS ON YOUR JOURNEY

Replies

• TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great info thanks
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your tips for success. These are good reminders during a journey.

Keep up the good work.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I would add one more:

-- Add "friends" here on MFP to provide support along the way. I've reached out and added many people -- didn't know any of them before and have not met them face to face. But they are all trying to achieve the same end result that I am and are willing to provide positive suggestions and feedback as we walk along this journey.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Is that a silvertip grizzly on your profile pic?:smile:
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Good info!!!
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great tips from both of you, and thanks. We all need to be reminded even when we know, it is good to reinforce.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options

4. Protein will keep you full longer and it has the added benefit of retaining or gaining some muscle.

just want to add that fiber keeps u full too. and the benefit of bulk to help u go to the bathroom more often. which is a very good thing as well. just my little tidbit. lol