Over 50 and Fabulous?

Options
myraknits
myraknits Posts: 81 Member
Hiya,
Looking for an accountability partner for a 15 lb loss over the next 2-3 months.
I'm female, 54 and looking to get into summer shape so it's not another fat summer.
Anybody interested? Women only please.

Replies

• LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm 58 and would love to be your weight loss partner :smile:
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am 55 with more to lose but since I expect to be here for awhile I am also looking for support from like minded losers, I log in every day.

Cheers,

Elizabeth
  • myraknits
    Options
    YAY! Let's do it! Maybe we can get a little group going.
    First, congrats on 27 lbs gone! That's a great accomplishment.
    What plan are you following? I'm loving the food and exercise tracker here. Love that I can check in from any device.

I'm basically vegetarian but eat eggs and some dairy. I did Fat Flush last year with great temporary success but calorie deprivation is no way to live long term. I ended up going crazy and gained 15 lbs in a month and have kept it on since Sept. Time for it to go for good. AND learn how to eat properly without starving once and for all.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone would ever mistake me for a woman, even in the dark, but good luck! You can do it!
  • myraknits
    Options
    Cool~ Glad to meet you! I'm very good about tracking and logging in so I'll see you here!
  • myraknits
    Options
    LOL!! Hugs to you gpstrucker.
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    Oh, did I mention I do know how to knit?
  • sandralila
    sandralila Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I am 56, and want to lose30 lbs. Some days I do well, others not as good. Log in every day, and like to give and have support.
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    I only just turned 40 so I didn't make the cut ;) but I wanted to wish you well in your journey =) Age doesn't make us fabulous, how you move what you have and think with what you've got makes us fabulous ;) And in my books, having what it takes to turn your health around and get in shape is pretty darn fabulous lol

Good luck ! You can do it!
  • myraknits
    Options
    No you do KNOT!!
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm not 50 just yet but feel free to add me. :smile:
  • myraknits
    Options
    The more the merrier!!

Agreed~ Age is just a state of mind. Some days I feel like a teenager. Some days, not so much.
    What generally makes the biggest difference for me is how well I'm eating and exercising.
    It's nice when everything is humming!

I do 30 mins on the treadmill 5-6 days a week. Trying to include some strength training.
    I tried Wii Fit but I didn't love being reminded that I missed a day or 2...
    I find I have to do something first thing in the am or I don't do it at all.
    What's your favorite exercise routine?
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 1/2 & have a LOT of weight to lose. Please add me if you like.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just started about a week ago and would love to be included. 58, have 60 pounds to lose. :)
  • pyanchuk
    pyanchuk Posts: 3
    Options
    Just started this week- 56 yr old and love to crochet. That should burn some calories!!
    Holiday weekend will be rough- keep strong! patti y
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    I've been on for a little over 2 weeks. I'm 53 and have about 105 more pounds to lose. Anyone looking for friends for support, encouragement and butt kicking, please feel free to add me. I need them all too!
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this group. I'm going on 52 years old and was losing weight consistently and tracking on MFP until I started menopause a year ago June 14. Since then my weight has stalled and out of frustration I've gained 10 lbs of it back. I recently switched to vegetarian lifestyle to see if that gets me back to losing again. I have been eating healthy no processed food for awhile now, I think it would be nice to be part of a group of 50s and fabulous.
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I recently turned 50 and would love the support of women my age. I'm new and not sure yet how to create friends on here. Do I add you or do you add me?
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 53 and have about 25 pounds to lose. I'm also a vegetation...well, mostly vegan at this point. Feel free to add me.
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    I'm also a vegetation

Funny, you don't look like a plant.

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL