My 23 year old shirt!

Options
CasperO
CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
Today I'm wearing this old thing my wife always called her "Conquest shirt". Here's the story...

Before I met my wife I was seeing a woman named Laurie. I was in the service, it was along distance thing, we didn't really hit it that well - it was no great romance. I think she was just looking for someone to help her raise her kids. She gave me a nice dark blue cotton shirt, athletic cut, size XL. It fit at the time.

Then I met Lady Di and was knocked right outta my shoes. She took me, I really had no say in the matter. C'ya Laurie - have a nice life sweetie. Then Di took the shirt. It looked good on her, and either of us would wear it once in a while. She took me, and then she took Laurie's shirt - and she could, and she loved it. Anybody who thinks women don't dig power should read this story.

She's a good cook, and I'm a good cook, and life kinda happened, and pretty soon I couldn't wear the shirt anymore. She continued to wear it. Eventually it wound up in the back of the closet.

Well - now the shirt is 23 years old. Our 2 kids are grownups. I've lost almost 60 pounds. I'm about the smallest I've been since high school. And the shirt fits again. A new/old wardrobe, right there in the closet.

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Awesome story - great progress - WTG!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    great story! :flowerforyou:
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    cute story and that is great that you are back to wearing your old clothes
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    What a cool story! Thanks for sharing, and congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That gives me so much hope! I have a pair of 5 year old pants I can almost button! Contrats on the shirt... that must feel so good! :heart:

Love the story about your wife too. :happy:
  • mojomcgee
    mojomcgee Posts: 50
    Options
    That's great! I can't wait till a few old things in the back of my closet fit too. It's cool that your wife didn't mind the shirt was given to you by a previous sort of fling. There's hope for the rest of us yet:)
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's awesome!! (some good material too, to last 23 years!)

Congratulations!!!!

p.s.
    I love your stories and comments, you have a great sense of humor and personality!!!

Memaw
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and what a great story!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story! Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    :heart: Love, love this story!! :heart:
    :drinker: Congrats to you for being able to get back in the shirt. Gotta love it when the OLD becomes the once again NEW because of YOU! :flowerforyou:

Also, gotta tell you...never, ever, let anyone tell you chics don't dig power! They lied, baby!!:glasses:
  • hopetokeepitoff
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats!
    I lost 45lbs over the last year and a half (teetering up and down 5lbs or so...)I recently tried on my senior prom dress from 11 years ago, and IT FITS!! Just as it did 11 years ago! Now I need some motivation to loose the 5lbs that I struggle with! LOL!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

Then I met Lady Di and was knocked right outta my shoes. She took me, I really had no say in the matter. C'ya Laurie - have a nice life sweetie.

I LOVE THIS! So wonderful to hear of the power of love!

Congrats on ALL you've achieved! :drinker:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    That is awesome!!!

I love a good old worn shirt. Especially one with lots of memories.

Congrats!
  • chunsagirl01
    chunsagirl01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That is a good story!!!! Congrats on all the weight loss! Now if only I can get into those pre-pregnancy clothes! :laugh:
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    What a great story. I have a pair of trousers in my wardrobe that I wore to get married to my beautiful wife Donna in 5 years ago on the 28th, and its my aim to be back in them soon:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    I lost 45lbs over the last year and a half (teetering up and down 5lbs or so...)I recently tried on my senior prom dress from 11 years ago, and IT FITS!! Just as it did 11 years ago! Now I need some motivation to loose the 5lbs that I struggle with! LOL!

Congrats!! I too tried mine on after losing 43 pounds. (I went to prom in 2000) and unfortunately, it does not fit yet :(
    However, I am wearing clothes from 2002 that I havent been able to get in since 2002 (I got pregnant and had 3 kids and got married since then).
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    Great story! Keep up the good work!
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I loved that! What an awesome story. Its awesome to fit into clothing that we haven't been able to fit into for years, but even more awesome when its a piece of clothing that has a bit of history. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!
  • hopetokeepitoff
    Options

Congrats!! I too tried mine on after losing 43 pounds. (I went to prom in 2000) and unfortunately, it does not fit yet :(
    However, I am wearing clothes from 2002 that I havent been able to get in since 2002 (I got pregnant and had 3 kids and got married since then).

Girl it will!!!!!!! you can do it!! Way to go on your success already!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Bump for Liza :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!