Young type one diabetics

Options
I'm type one diabetic. At first I had trouble taking insulin and doing mfp. I put priority on losing weight. I've balanced that out though. I've always just ate whatever and took the insulin for it. Does anyone have any tips on trying to eat healthy but not feeling like you're missing out on what everyone else eats? I was diagnosed at 16 so I was used to eating anything.

Feel free to add me if you're type one diabetic. No offense to type twos but most of you can lose it with diet and exercise. Although I'm proud of everyone for trying

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    My name is Samantha and I have had type one diabetes for 26 years now. I have been through some bad things......such as a diabetic coma because I got pregnant. Currently, I am trying to drop some weight which was difficult at first due to low blood sugars. I am on the roll with weight loss and love added motivation and determination. Low blood sugar is not a huge issue any longer on this weight loss journey. Send me a request if your type one and btw, I love to talk.......lol......
  • KristaTellier
    KristaTellier Posts: 270 Member
    Options
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'm not type one, but my fiance is. So I can't 100% relate to you, but I can still kinda relate, haha. :) [Im also with you on the type 2 thing...I really just don't feel like it's anything close to type 1...thats just my opinion though]

You're going to feel like you're missing out a lot when it comes to the foods you can eat while trying to lose weight but there's pretty much a lighter version of any food/meal you can think of...give them a try. skinnytaste.com has GREAT recipes...theres also a lot of recipes on pinterest

Good luck doll! :)
  • mrsgonzales2012
    Options
    Hi!
    I am new here so i hope im doing this right! My name is lea and i have been a type one diabetic for one year now. Kind of nervous about starting to work out again...worried about having some lows...any helpful tips?

Lea