Eating makes me sick...

Options
For the past to days, every time I ate, I start to feel ill. I get really nautious first, then I get light headed. I tried to lower the amount I ate, but even then I would still feel ill. and I am on a diet that makes the average person lose 1 pound a week, and I have already lost 4. I do not think that this is healthy. About the only thing I can keep down is water. I am not running a fever, and I have no allergies, so I am wondering what is going on???

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    Get thee to a doctor!

When was the last time you were tested for food allergies? You can develop them later in life.
  • SophieB74656
    SophieB74656 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    could you be pregnant?
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Umm could you be pregnant? Sounds similar to morning sickness to me.
  • torylinnangel
    torylinnangel Posts: 253
    Options
    no, I am not pregnant. I haven't been tested for food allergies in a while, so I'll have to get that checked out I guess. My brother just told me he thinks I am lactose intolerant, so I'll have my doctor check that out.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Please see a doctor as soon as possible. I'm sending healthy thoughts your way!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    you might want to keep track of when you eat, what you eat, and how you feel after.. might be easier to see if it is something specific that is making you ill.
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    get to the doctor! if you're not pregnant, it could be your gall bladder.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Lactose Intolerance cannot be "checked out"

The only thing a doctor can and will make you do is drink a big glass of milk and wait 30 minutes.

Take out dairy for awhile and reintroduce yogurt, cheese and ice cream slowly to see if you can tolerate it

I'm lactose intolerant but it only applies to drinking milk straight and anything made with heavy cream (cheesecake, desserts) so I drink lactose-free.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    geez.. i should have thought of the gall bladder as well.. i was sick for Years before they took mine out..
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Stop wasting time on the computer and get your silly *kitten* to the doctor ASAP!
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It could also be thyroid issues but if it's only for 2 days so far, it may just be a stomach bug.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Acid reflux can also do that. I had acid reflux for year without heartburn or any other kind of pain, I would just feel sick to my stomach a lot. I agree that you should talk to your doctor. Hope you are feeling better soon.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Gosh. I hope it isn't rabies!

See a doctor ASAP!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    no, I am not pregnant. I haven't been tested for food allergies in a while, so I'll have to get that checked out I guess. My brother just told me he thinks I am lactose intolerant, so I'll have my doctor check that out.

You should consider seeing a doctor. I was also feeling very sick while I was making breakfast in the morning, but only on the weekends. I've never been tested for food allergies before. I'd be creating a breakfast in my mind, then once I started to make it, it still sounded really good. Once I was almost done with it, I turned cold, had the shakes and very nauseated. Once I finished eating (basically after choking down everything), I told my mom that something isn't agreeing with me..so I stopped eating it and now I feel a lot better. I need to find a new doctor and I'm in the process of finding a good one.
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Lactose Intolerance cannot be "checked out"

The only thing a doctor can and will make you do is drink a big glass of milk and wait 30 minutes.

Take out dairy for awhile and reintroduce yogurt, cheese and ice cream slowly to see if you can tolerate it

I'm lactose intolerant but it only applies to drinking milk straight and anything made with heavy cream (cheesecake, desserts) so I drink lactose-free.

Actually when they do an allergy test they check for this.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Go see a gastroenterologist. Could be food allergy, ulcer, etc...or just a bug...Feel better!
  • torylinnangel
    torylinnangel Posts: 253
    Options
    Stop wasting time on the computer and get your silly *kitten* to the doctor ASAP!
    I will be making my appointment as soon as he gets back from vacation.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Being able to see your diary would help... otherwise, we are all just guessing.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Are you suffering from poor coordination? Do you feel a sudden craving for brains? *suspicious look*

Seriously though, go see a doctor.