HELP ME....Pls

Options
I need help what exercises do i need to do to tone my back fat and arms? So far i lost 26lbs i can tell in my face and my stomach is going down a little bit...but my arms and back fat are getting lose....and its getting to...is there a exercise i can do or do i need to stay away from certain foods or eat? I will take any kind of advice please and thank you :bigsmile:

Replies

• jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Glad you started this topic. Do you do cardio? I do and I still have the flabbiness in my belly. I do weight training on my arms and they are really nice and toned. It'd be nice to get rid of the belly flab.
  • sfjohnson16
    sfjohnson16 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can try the workout program called Insanity or you can just use weight and do a search into google tricep exercises and that should help :)
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Your body reduces fat where it reduces fat, and eventually it will come off your back and arms.
  • sfjohnson16
    sfjohnson16 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Running and ab exercises will help with belly fat and will help you to get toned. :)
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fat isn't lost in the location you exercise, it's lost from all over at once. There's no way to target one particular spot. The best thing you can do is work on toning the muscles under or around the problem area(s) to give more definition. That has the added advantage of building more muscle, which burns more calories even when you're not working out!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Cardio reduces flab (fat) and strength training tones. Easy as that. Give yourself a break, be patient, and let your body do it's thing. You and I didn't get fat over night and we won't get thin over night. Let nature take it's course.
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Strength training your entire body will help tone. If you don't have a gym membership, you could do the 30 Day Shred. I lost a lot of the flab that was left after my initial weight loss. If you do have a membership, consider doing some strength training there.
  • ninerschick
    ninerschick Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism and the 30DS also billy blanks taebo but i think thats a lot of cardio i dont know any good strength training any tips?
  • MRJ717
    MRJ717 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i did 30DS and im currently in the middle of RI30. my arms are much more toned. i would suggest doing it everyday for 30 days. not just here and there.
  • ninerschick
    Options
    Yea i do it every day this will be the second time I done the 30DS than i switched to banish fat boost metabolism and no more trouble zones
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've discovered that it takes time for the skin to catch up with the weight loss. Last year when I was at a fairly stable weight, the "bubble wrap" continued to be shed. My arms, my stomach and my but all seemed to be relatively loose. Over time there has been a gradual redefining of the muscle tone and tightening of the surface layer. You might be able to build muscle in targeted areas but that does not solve the problem when one loses a fair amount of weight.

It seems like it takes a longer time if you are older.
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    I do a lot of Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism and the 30DS also billy blanks taebo but i think thats a lot of cardio i dont know any good strength training any tips?

To start get yourself some tension bands and work out with those. Almost as good as weights and very affordable. They usually come with some routines to start with.
  • ninerschick
    Options
    Ok yea i got those just gotta start working them in to some kind of routine :smile:
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    Just grab something and start moving. Sort of like s... well you get the idea.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You might want to try a rowing machine. While it's true that you can't spot-reduce, you can still tone those muscles, and a trainer once told me that doing that makes the skin tighten up somewhat faster.
  • ninerschick
    Options
  • Spanaval
    Options
    The most efficient way to " tone" is to lift, and heavy. If that's not in the cards, any strength training routine will do, as long as you're maxing out.
  • ninerschick
    Options
    I have been working with 5lbs thats all i have at the moment..
  • Spanaval
    Options
    High reps, low weights is okay, IF you're working to failure (IOW working to the point where you can't do any more). Make sure that you up the weights as the weights you have become less challenging.
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would suggest JM 30 day shred!! Helped me alot