What's for breakfast?

So this morning I took in a total of 700 calories for breakfast!! It's my first day actually tracking it so now to get to my question ;

I am heading off to the grocery store, what would you recommend I pick up that will be good to stay under 400 calories for breakfast?

Replies

• lynnmariestan1
    lynnmariestan1 Posts: 36 Member
    2 eggs with mushrooms, peppers, turkey sausage, any veggies you like, scrambled. Very delicious and filling. Each egg is 70 calories, then just add in for veggies and sausage if you add that.
    Or greek yogurt with some chopped walnuts, or fresh berries. Protein helps you stay full longer.
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Instant oatmeal and a piece of fruit is quick and easy. I get the reduced sugar oatmeal too. Two eggs and a piece of toast would be good. Cheerios with 1% milk aren't too bad- I love the cinnamon ones, my kids like the peanut butter ones.
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 207 Member
    Lately I have multigrain Cheerios or rice chex (1cup) with 1/2c Chobani Greek yogurt (nonfat) and 1/4c activia vanilla flavor...mix together like a parfait! A little over 200 calories. You could add fruits (I can't have fruit) for sweetness.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Nothing this morning as I was out really early walking the dogs for 2 1/2 hours... schoolgirl error!

However I did have an AMAZING smoked salmon wrap with mesclun salad just before midday... so that counts ;)
  • eyes0rowan
    eyes0rowan Posts: 1
    Quaker old fashioned oats(1/2cup, with 1 chopped banana and a tbs of honey).=320calories.delicious,cheap and filling.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    2 eggs with mushrooms, peppers, turkey sausage, any veggies you like, scrambled. Very delicious and filling. Each egg is 70 calories, then just add in for veggies and sausage if you add that.
    Or greek yogurt with some chopped walnuts, or fresh berries. Protein helps you stay full longer.

Wot she said ... Scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and veggies rule around here.

All cooked in butter ...ace.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Apple Pie Breakfast http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2011/01/apple-pie-breakfast.html and Greek Yogurt with fruit
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    I try to mix things up.....here are some of the breakfasts I hae had:

Cup of rice crispies with 1/2 cup of milk and a banana (or other fruit).

Cup of Wheaties with 1/2 cup of milk and a banana (or other fruit)?

Serving of egg beaters or egg beaters egg whites 1/2 pita pocket and a lil shredded cheese...or I might use a tortilla if no pita pockets.

Coffee served with all breakfasts with tbsp of creamer.
  • daryllynn515
    daryllynn515 Posts: 17 Member
    1 light & Fit Dannon Yougurt (I use VANILLA) A 1/2 CUP of KASHI Go Lean Crunch Cereal, and a 1/4 - 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. VERY Filling and very good! :flowerforyou:
  • daryllynn515
    daryllynn515 Posts: 17 Member
    Quaker old fashioned oats(1/2cup, with 1 chopped banana and a tbs of honey).=320calories.delicious,cheap and filling.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who had the oatmeal for breakfast! Usually I'll have it with 1 packet of Equal with or without the banana, but your Honey idea sounds delish! I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for the suggestion! :-)