What's for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• nluera07
    nluera07 Posts: 14
    Options
    My breakfast is either a package of plain oatmeal (Walmart brand is 100 calories) with blueberries or strawberries and occasionally a banana and a cup of coffee with 2 little tubs creamer OR I'll have a Greek yogurt and fruit. I've started adding 1-2 tbsp of flax to my yogurt for fiber
  • lubby22
    lubby22 Posts: 31
    Options
    Lately I've been having 2 plain rice cakes = 70 calories with 1 tbsp peanut butter = 90 cal. 100g yogurt (the kind we buy is only 35 calories), a couple walnuts, coffee with cream = 40 cal. large glass of water, and some sort of fruit (usually 1/2 cup berries, or banana, or 1/2 cup sliced peaches) - Total calories depending on fruit is about 250 calories.

Although, the last couple days I've had 1/2 cup cottage cheese instead of yogurt - which is actually 100 calories, but even still that's under 400 for breakfast
  • michellepierce1
    Options
    oatmeal
    kroger carb master yogurt
    1 boiled egg
    coffee, half and half, truvia
  • Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I normally have:

1 cup 1% Low Fat Milk
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
    A piece of fruit. I normally have an orange or a banana.

That normally equals 370 calories or so.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I love puffed kamut with 1/2 cup of milk, a teaspoon of honey, and dried cranberries or raisins.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    ooooo you know what you can do... take a muffin baking pan thing.... take slices of bacon and place them around the edges of each little muffin pan indention (wow I don't know the correct terminology here, sorry) and then crack an egg in it, mix it around a little, maybe put some cheese in there if you want, bake it in the oven and then you have little egg muffins. Lol.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Egg White Omelet

9 tbls of Egg Whites (I buy the prepackaged Eggland's Best or All White brands)
    Mushrooms (if you like them..I buy canned Giorgio Mushroom Stems and Pieces)
    Roma Tomato (or whatever tomato you like)
    1/3 c Shredded Cheddar (or whatever cheese you like)

This is well under 400 calories. But tweek the recipe to your tastes. Enter the recipe on here. It will figure out the calories for you if you measure it all out.

My husband makes his omelets with mushroom, 97% fat free ham, and cheese. Still under 400 calories. We measure everything. It might seem like a pain at first to measure everything but after awhile it's a lot easier. Make sure you are drinking water too. Track it!
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    2-3 eggs, depending on how hungry i am and what i plan on doing, sauteed chard, zuchinni, mushrooms, or peppers, really whatever i got, cook that all together and toss it in some corn tortillas! yum! my bfast today was 340 cals!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    green smoothie (150-175c per pint)

yogurt & granola (appx 200c 1/2c yogurt, 1/4c granola)

hard boiled egg (75-80c)

eggs & kale (depends on how you make it but poached & steamed is nice)

banana & peanut butter rolled in cranberries (variable)
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This may already be here but I love just to have greek yogurt and some granola cereal mixed in!
    It totals to around 300 depending on the type of yogurt and cereal you get. Of course you could even use fruit loops or sugary cereal but I love to keep it healthy, and it makes you feel full but not heavy!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Corn Flakes (generic, Walmart brand) 1 C.
    1/2 C. Almond Milk
    Strawberries
    Yogurt

Coffee (Folgers Lively Colombian) each cup (huge cup, travel mug size!) has 1 tbsp each.
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Lol I just had a huge breakfast. But I don't feel too bad, considering it's breakfast and all..
    I had:
    Toasted ezekiel bread with organic pb and organic fruit spread
    A glass of almond milk
    Oat Revolution- peaches and cream flavor
    A white peach to go along with the oatmeal
    And 4 loacker quadratini cappucino squares..

Edit: Woops, didn't really read the post. Steel-cut oats are usually pretty filling as a breakfast for me. Great with a sprinkle of cinnamon and some chopped banana. Also, I find ezekiel bread very filling and you could always toast them up and spread whatever on them. Greek yogurt, as many have mentioned, is good for breakfast as well due to the protein content. And personally, tofu scramble fills me up a lot too :)
  • Civeng1
    Civeng1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Buy Egg Whites. I make my 3 egg omelette with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites (1/4 cup). It reduces the calories of a 3 egg omelette with cheese to under 400.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    4 heads or tails double stuffed oreos with a cup of 1% milk...what? that's not okay? hahaha - at least I'm HONEST :)
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    An advocare meal replacement shake with a banana, strawberries, and some organic peanutbutter powder that has no fat in it!! Takes like a banana, strawberry, reeses peanutbutter shake!!! so yummy and nutritious!
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 4 egg whites, scrambled, with a slice of ham, 2 slices of cheese and two slices of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread with 1 TBS of WHIPPED butter. 378 Calories. :)

ETA: And if you don't splurge like I did and only have 1 slice of cheese, it's only a little over 300 cals. :smile:
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Three eggs with cheddar cheese and coffee :-)
  • esprit36
    esprit36 Posts: 5
    Options
    fresh fruit watermelon, apples
    lettuce
    tomatoes
    cucumbers
    green/red peppers
    snap peas
    weight watchers breads{ 90 calories 2 slices)
    yogurts
    light cheese stix
    egg beaters
    crystal lite has 2 new flavors appletini and mohito
    chicken/ fish
    suppose that should help with your trip to the grocery store.
    however to stay under 400 calories I would make an egg white omlete with mushrooms peppers, tomatoes and put in between an english muffin add slice of low fat cheddar cheese add a fruit cup and you should be below 400 cal! Good Luck!
  • lena1212
    lena1212 Posts: 3
    Options
    You could also do steel cut oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder but eggs are our best friends!!
  • tansygreen
    tansygreen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    As it's the weekend today my breakfast was massive - kept me feeling full way up to lunch and I went for a long walk with my kids (I'm on UK time we're 5 hours ahead of ET) - all for 314 cals - check out my diary - it was yum! (If you eat meat).