I need support today!

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
Okay... at 3:00 today, we are having a going-away party for one of our long-term employees. Of course this party involves wine and cheese! I MUST stay away from the alcohol because my plans starting at 3:30 involve an intense workout and then a shopping trip at WalMart. I just need some support to be able to hang out at the party without giving in to temptation, and I know you guys can give it to me!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Make sure that prior going to the party that you have been drinking lots of water so that you are not thirsty for wine. Also have some healthy snacks too, have a bowl of fruit (if you have access to it) to fill you up. Hope this helps!
  • MrBinkerton
    MrBinkerton Posts: 109
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I also need support today!

I am actually facing quite the same situation. Except mine is a birthday party. Of course there will be cake, ice cream, wine, tons of food.

I am really hoping I can stay strong and avoid the treats. I will be eating dinner here as well and unfortunatley do not know what will be served. My luck will be greasy burgers and fries....no haha most likely not but I hope it is something that I feel will be healthy and nutritious.

I guess all I can say is good luck! You can do it! Stick to your plan and you will do fine :)

Wish me luck, too!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I also need support today!

I am actually facing quite the same situation. Except mine is a birthday party. Of course there will be cake, ice cream, wine, tons of food.

I am really hoping I can stay strong and avoid the treats. I will be eating dinner here as well and unfortunatley do not know what will be served. My luck will be greasy burgers and fries....no haha most likely not but I hope it is something that I feel will be healthy and nutritious.

I guess all I can say is good luck! You can do it! Stick to your plan and you will do fine :)

Wish me luck, too!

Good luck to you too! I have found that many parties with have a platter with fresh veggies and sometimes some healthier pasta salads. Load up on veggies and then if there is fried chicken or something similar just take the skin off.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    best thing about parties is they have a variety of food....just dont graze on everything, thats my weakness, "its only a bite and then another and oooh some of this sounds good! Stick with the vege sticks and frutis is you can!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    HA! :laugh: I was just approached by the boss... "Are you SUUURE you can't have just 1 or 2 drinks?!?" I said, "Sure, I'll drink.... water" :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Have a big glass of water in your hand so there is no room for a wine glass. If you look at the food., calculate the amount of time you need to work out to burn it off and figure out if it is worth it.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I heard somewhere assume every bite of finger food is about 50 calories. Is it really worth it?
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I heard somewhere assume every bite of finger food is about 50 calories. Is it really worth it?

wowwow! I always thought it didn't count if you only had a bite! LOL :laugh:

I could probably have the calories, I just don't need the alcohol! Can't really get a good workout in with a wine buzz goin...
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Always have a drink of your choice already in hand like diet coke, Crystal Light, water, tea .... When people at a party see an empty hand, they think it needs to be filled.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options

wowwow! I always thought it didn't count if you only had a bite! LOL :laugh:

I could probably have the calories, I just don't need the alcohol! Can't really get a good workout in with a wine buzz goin...

Sure you can. You just won't be able to feel your legs! :laugh: