belly fat

Options
hi, I'm new to the message board. I started using this site in late august. I've done pretty well, losing 14 lbs, but having a hard time getting rid of belly fat....any ideas or suggestions???

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Sadly, you can't spot reduce. Your body choses where it wants to take the fat from. Ab exercises will tone up your stomach and can tighten the jiggliness of the fat till is started to reduce but sadly, it's primarily genetics.
  • sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    Options
    Heyy i also had/have this problem, as i know you can't target a specific area though you can tone an area up. But jogging, running is probs the best fat burner as i have lost quite a lot of belly fat and it has become a lot tighter, i still have a quite a bit to go yet but in 1-2 months i saw huge differences and changes:happy:

hope i helped, Sean :smile:
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Check out www.realage.com and/or read You: On a Diet. They give really good info on the subject. I've taken off a little more than 7 inches from my waistline based on such resources, and I care more about inches than the number on my scale. I also read The South Beach Diet. They all focus info on waist-loss rather than weight-loss. Very, very good info!