no change after first week

Options
had my first weigh in this morning and have not lost a thing,bit gutted but not going to let it get to me ,I have been slightly under in my calories all week but seem to be eating enough as not been hungry so will carry on as I am and hopefully will shift some next week,have a good day everyone x

Replies

• trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    As long as you are doing what you should you will be absolutely fine. Mybe it's water retention, after all we have all been drinking a lot more in this weather - no not alcohol. Ok well maybe a bit!!
  • chuffedasnuts
    chuffedasnuts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ive had a few glasses of wine but it hasnt taken me over ,maybe ill up the water intake and down the wine ;)
  • sushiforbrains
    Options
    I gained my first week, probably because I was making myself drink more water. Don't get discouraged, you just have to experiment and find what works for you! Best of luck to you!
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    yeah if your not used to drinking watter that can affect you
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel frustrated over no change I remind myself- I didnt put it on in one week it wont all come off in one week.
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    I gained in my first week too - but if you're eating the right number of good-quality calories and exercising, you can't be less healthy! It'll just be the body packing a hissy fit before it settles into it. Keep at it, and don't worry about the numbers too much!

Ooh, and take your measurements! I didn't for the first month and wish I had - write them down now, and then check them once a month. Is encouraging to see them change!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel frustrated over no change I remind myself- I didnt put it on in one week it wont all come off in one week.

Totally this!! Why do we get overweight over a period of year but expect it to start coming off overnight?
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Be patient. Give yourself time. Best to eat your entire days worth of cals. Ive made the mistake of eating under which puts my body into starvation mode. But I guess we do need to eat more to lose weight. Good luck and dont despair, the weight will come off! :-)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    To paraphrase someone else's ticker, you didn't gain it all in one week did you? :smile:

Keep at it... I find that for me there is often a lag time. The weight gain or loss shows up the week after I eat more or less. The only weight change that tends to show up immediately is whatever you just ate or drank because it's still in your digestive track, but it's not part of your body (bones, muscle, fat, etc.) yet. A pint of water weighs about a pound. Right after you drink it, the scale will say you weigh more, even though you really don't and the liquid is probably good for you.

But just in case, check that you're really recording accurately. Are you really listing everything you eat? Some people think that the exercise-calorie amounts aren't quite right. If you spend an hour outside gardening, but are really only active for 40 minutes of the time, don't count the 20 minutes that you were standing there admiring the new flowers or sprinkling seeds around. Is your scale reasonably accurate? (If I step on mine 3 times, I may get 3 different weights.) Are you weighing yourself in the morning before eating or drinking (or if you do shift work, at a consistent time, before you eat or drink)? Did you maybe firm up instead of losing weight? Check your measurements. How do you feel -- better? more agile?

If you're doing everything right (or even just most of it, you don't have to be perfect), I bet it will start making a difference.

Good luck!