Confession: binged yest but today's a new day.

Options
*Groan* yesterday I undid a whole weeks worth of good eating with more food than I care to think about including:
Ice cream x lots
Chocolate x 4 + mint thins
meringue x too many to think about
Crisps x 4

So, I binged. Today is a new day and I'm moving forwards, can anyone help with tips to avoid this and to help motivate me please?
I seem to always hit "self-destruct" after the first week. I need help!

Replies

• bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water,eat raw veggies,throw away junk food,move to a deserted island,put off binging for a day at a time, binge if you must but get right back on track and don't let it bother you. The last part being the best advice.
  • zannapike
    zannapike Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good on you for looking at today as a new day and not just giving up after having a bad day. My best advice is while you are watching what you eat, dont go cold turkey on anything, just everything in moderation. I'm finding this work for me, i dont go home after somewhere with yummy food and feel ripped off and then eat everything in the cupboard to make up for 'missing out". so now if i'm at a morning tea, i will have a piece of the bun and JUST that one piece,(not like in the old days where it would be 4+) so I enjoyed it and have learnt self control. That is a life style change, slower but lasting. I have been watching what I eat and excercising everyday and have not given up like other times, normally like you the one-two week mark. This site makes it so easy to keep track, and even if i did have that piece of cheesecake at a friends place, I am still under my calories so it makes me not feel guilty, just aware of what i ate, And then I make sure the rest of the day is a healthy stir fry or chicken and salad. Keep up the positive attitude and keep trying. :)
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The desert island sounds good, failing that I think you're both right, I'll try to take the advice on board, I must learn self control!
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    *Groan* yesterday I undid a whole weeks worth of good eating with more food than I care to think about including:
    Ice cream x lots
    Chocolate x 4 + mint thins
    meringue x too many to think about
    Crisps x 4

So, I binged. Today is a new day and I'm moving forwards, can anyone help with tips to avoid this and to help motivate me please?
    I seem to always hit "self-destruct" after the first week. I need help!

Just dont do it again if u want to get ur sexy on.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    Oh and the sooner u stop eating those simple carbs the easier this journey will be.
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Do you have any tips to help me avoid the simple carbs? Or to keep the willpower steady. It's easier said than done!
    I've eaten more healthily today but don't want to end up repeating yesterday's performance next week or the week after.