Healthy Wraps

Options
2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I love to take a whole wheat wrap, take a half avocado, mush it up and spread it on the wrap. Then I take some black beans and mush those up and spread them over the avocado. Next I add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, all colors of bell peppers and some black olives and it is very good! You can also add a little salsa to it which adds alot of flavor! Try it... You wont be disappointed!
    thanks for all the new ideas:drinker:
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I make shredded chicken in my crock pot & put it in wraps with homemade guacamole & some sour cream. Soo good! :smile:
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana on a wrap for breakfast. Yummo.
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana on a wrap for breakfast. Yummo.

i make that too sometimes its so good!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I like reduced fat feta and bleu cheese in my wraps because a litte bit adds a lot of flavor.

Heres a recipe for healthier guacamole. That might be good in a wrap for flavor

Guacamole

User Rating: / 5
    PoorBest

Recipes - Spreads

This might be the best guacamole you've ever eaten! Regular guacamole is usually loaded with sour cream or mayo. This is a fresh, good for you alternative. It tastes so good you won't want to eat it any other way.

Ingredients:

3 ripe avocadoes

Juice of 1/2 lime

2 tsp. cilantro, chopped

1/2 c. chopped red onion

1 clove garlic, minced

Sea salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:

Cut avocados in half. Scoop flesh into bowl. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined. Do not overmix. Makes 6 servings.

Nutritional information: Calories: 166, Protein: 2 g., Fat: 14 g., Carbs: 10 g.