New gal in need of healthy friends and healthy support.

Options
Hey there, I'm Jess. I joined MFP because I need a change.. I weigh 204 lbs and that is the heaviest I have been in all my life. So was 180, when I married my husband in 2010. The lowest amount of weight on my 5'5 frame that I recall as an adult was 137. I got out of the Navy and crept up to 155 by May 08 (I had been out since Jan 08). I started to date my husband in My 2009 and at that point I had been maintaining a weight of 165... I slowly SLOWLY gained into the 170's as we were dating and while he was deployed and became injured, food was my comfort as I awaited his return. Food continued to be my go to... In 2011 I was ready for change. I attempted the Nutrisystem diet and went from 196 to 186.. It was the most DISGUSTING diet. Then, I spoke with my doctor and went on phentermine and it worked but after the first month I didn/t re up the script because to me $30 per month was just too much? I did it then because my b/p was up and I was tired of not fitting into my clothes...... August 2011 I was 194. May 18, 2012 I was 204. I was on MFP as early as February of this year with some progress as far as inches :) And a few pounds, then my husband had to have surgery.... I was busy taking care of him, working at a job that really stressed me out so the pounds flew on and then some. I was 196 in April '12 when we moved to Georgia. 204 today and going to the treadmill!
My goal was 135, but that is such a far target. I'm resetting my goal to 165, and then will continue to my next goal.

Replies

• speedracer2007
    speedracer2007 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place for support... Tell your friends when you're having a bad day or need inspiration and they are there for you.
    Good luck
    Speedracer