Ingredients:
10 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup coconut oil
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 cup Splenda
4 large eggs
2 tsp instant coffee granules
1-1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 tsp pure chocolate extract (optional)
1-1/2 cups almond flour
6 Tbsp Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1-1/2 tsp baking powder

Preparation:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 13 x 9-inch (32.5 x 22.5-cm) baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and coconut oil until smooth. Beat in the chocolate and sweetener. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, scraping the bowl well after each addition. Add the coffee and vanilla and chocolate extracts. Beat until combined.

In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Add to the chocolate mixture and beat well. Scrape into the prepared pan and smooth the top.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is firm. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Store brownies covered, in the refrigerator.

Replies

• Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    omfg those sound amazing! coconut oil?! YUM! :happy:

what about the nutritional info??
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I use full fat cream cheese along with it and the coconut oil makes them divine.

You can also make them using 2 sticks of softened, unsalted butter, but I like the coconut oil better.

Nutritional Info:

Yield: 48 brownies

Per brownie. Effective carbohydrates: 1.8g; Carbohydrates: 2.4 g; Fiber: 0.6 g; Protein: 2.1 g; Fat: 9.7 g; Calories: 99
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    LL, do you really use Splenda? It's chlorinated sucrose, if I remember correctly.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    LL, do you really use Splenda? It's chlorinated sucrose, if I remember correctly.

Yes, you are correct on the Splenda stuff..................it is basically taking sugar and adding bleach that changes the molecular content of regular sugar. Then add maltodextrin to it to fluff it up and make it look like styrofoam snow.............Blech, I do not like it at all, but my hubby is resistant to change.

For my husband yes................it is the only way I can get him to give up regular sugar, I am taking baby steps with him, baby steps.................

For me no. I make mine using Liquid Stevia or agave nectar, but I can not give the amount because I just use a dropper and drops a few drops, stir and taste.............repeat if necessary.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Resurrecting from the dead for anyone that might be interested.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I used splenda, for I think it is more important to lose this weight than worry about splenda. I do have some bulk stevia but it is bitter to me. and I wanted a sweet pie. But dessert is a real treat and do not eat it often. I usally stick to berries and okios greek yogurt and do used the pkg. stevia in it. So I don't see an occasional used of it is all that bad. My mind is at piece with that.
    Lioness I bought the stevia from Jay Robb and I taste it and it is bitter. Do you know anything about it?

Calie
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I used splenda, for I think it is more important to lose this weight than worry about splenda. I do have some bulk stevia but it is bitter to me. and I wanted a sweet pie. But dessert is a real treat and do not eat it often. I usally stick to berries and okios greek yogurt and do used the pkg. stevia in it. So I don't see an occasional used of it is all that bad. My mind is at piece with that.
    Lioness I bought the stevia from Jay Robb and I taste it and it is bitter. Do you know anything about it?

Calie

No, I know nothing of the Jay Robb Stevia.........

I buy Sweet Leaf at my neighborhood Coop.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I think I seen some sweet leaf at that little herb shop when I bought my coconut oilCan't belive I went thru a jar this past week But I read that we need a 3 T and 1/2 T a day. Thats a lot of oil.. I need to go get me some more so maybe a trip tomorrow. Its realy not far, just up the road a bit. In my drving range. I have a loop that i make and I don't drive beyond that. Jerry takes me all the other places. But we are close to everything Tho. Even tho we are in walking distant to Kroger and a strip mall I haven't walk there in ages because of the trafic. But I used to before the trafic got so bad. We are also about 2 blocks from High School and I do belive every kid in school has a car. I better quit rambling and get to bed. See you tomrrow. Calie
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I made Low Carb Brownies tonight again, haven't had them in ages. I am not a big chocolate person, but every now and again I do like a small taste.

Trying to post a picture.............Grrrrr. I will edit or make a new post.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Low Carb Stuffed Peppers and Low Carb Brownies. My supper tonight and lunch tomorrow.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to make these i'll have to use coconut flour since I'm allergic to almond and i'll use xylitol instead of Splenda thanks for the recipe!:flowerforyou: