OMG...Embarrasing!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, congratulations for making the first step. Secondly, please stop the negative self talk. You aren't pitiful you are a human being and we are all flawed. No need to beat yourself up it only serves to keep you down and you need to be lifted up right now.

Add me if you'd like to be friends.

:happy:
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think almost every one of us on here has had that "wake up" call. I so get it, for me it was looking at a picture of myself and thinking, who is that fat old lady? OMG that's ME??? That just wont do.. So after the denial, the excuses and the crying........I got moving...I'm really just starting so I havent come that far and I have so much further to go, but I feel stronger. You will too, just take it day by day. Find a program that works for you, add weights or body resistance training and you will get stronger every week. I suggest you take your measurements now, and check them again every couple weeks. That way, if the scale doesnt move you will see improvements in your size and not get discouraged. We are all in the same boat......well most of us anyway.......good luck and welcome!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I was where you are, 4 months ago...5lb weights were heavy and 8lbs felt like a 1 million.

I had 0% body strength and now I am able to lift 35-40 lbs. it is so surreal...i never thought I'd be able to.

You will be able to as well, I promise. It takes some hard work, a few times a week, but it will get better.
  • brsnyder117
    brsnyder117 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hope she returns.

I had a similar wake-up call after two years of near non-activity due to back issues / surgery / recovery / ongoing pain / laziness etc. My wake-up call was trying to grab back the sheets and blanket from underneath hubbie and needing two hands to do it. And even then barely being able to. And I was a construction worker in a former life! (As in, 30-some years ago.)

I joined a local gym that specializes in rehab (I think the average age of its members is probably 50, which works for me since I am 59). I met with a trainer for several sessions and now do weight machines, cardio, and/or pilates several days a week. At the beginning, the trainer just had me roll around on a mat a few times a day because everything in my body was so stiff that I could hardly move normally. I can now grab the sheets with the best of them!

We all have to start somewhere, right?
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    So... I went to add her as a kick *kitten* friend and her account is already de-activated???
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I just went to her profile page to see her age, etc....And her account has already been deactivated...Just wanted to share!! :huh:
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Well...poof! I went to look at her profile, and her account has been deactivated.
    Me too ..and she outta here..what gives??
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    Wow! Have never seen anyone run out of here so fast. I hope that typing didn't tire her out that much.

:-(
  • southernGeorgiagirl
    Options
    hey I can relate - Monday went to a water class and there were older people kicking my butt. I quit exercising especially the water aerobics when the pool closed down 6 years ago and boy am i paying for it now but like a friend keeps telling me baby steps I didn't gain all this in one month - to be patient.
  • southernGeorgiagirl
    Options
    yea maybe i scared her off - i have only been here for one week