FAIRYTALES and Happily Ever Afters

Options
13»

Replies

• catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I was told in another thread by a know-it-all that I am delusional and life is not like the movies. I will stay delusional for a little while longer and see what happens.

:( Sorry they said that, it's pretty rude.

Although I don't believe romance/love is like the movies I think it can still be amazing, romantic and loving. Nothing wrong with being "delusional" :)

Thanks. Can you tell I'm still a little upset by the comment?
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Right now I think true love and happy ever after is a bunch of horse sh*%. But, then again, I'm currently going through a breakup after almost 6 years so my oppinion may not be the best.
    I hope that for you there is.

Sorry. It is hard. And sucky. My marriage ended after over 14 years. It took along time for me to get over it. Best of luck to you. I don't wish that pain on anyone.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do they exist? Like the real, true, undying love you read in fairytales and see in movies like "the notebook" or "the vow"? im starting to think its just a set up to get young girls all whimsical and hopeful only to have them grow up and be utterly disappointed!! :sad:

Yes!! I am getting my happily ever after next Saturday when I marry my beloved!!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Do they exist? Like the real, true, undying love you read in fairytales and see in movies like "the notebook" or "the vow"? im starting to think its just a set up to get young girls all whimsical and hopeful only to have them grow up and be utterly disappointed!! :sad:

My mom and dad, was married happy for 30+ years, until last year. So, yes they do exist, they just might be harder to find in real life. And like all things, it takes work on both parts to move like, to love, then to stay in love..... But, according to my dad it is worth the work
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    True love? Absolutely. I found mine at 18.. Fairytale no. Like everything in life it takes work. We grow, we mature, our paths change, children, finances, death, etc.. It just depends on the people how much they want to make it work etc.

This

This. I met my knight in shining armor at 14. He is not perfect, not by a long shot. There is no fairytale, but we do everything we can to make each other happy. There is no castle, no kingdom besides the one we have built for ourselves. Being happy with each other does not mean we have settled, it means we know enough to fix what is broken rather than throwing it away.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I believe. ;)

My husband was in the Army and stationed in Ft. Hood, and was overseas in Kuwait. I was just a high school girl writing a letter to any service member care of Dear Abby. He picked my letter out from a pile of letters. We were pen pals for many years- nothing romantic, just friends (of course I had a HUGE crush on him though) and when I was 19 we started calling for birthdays and stuff like that, and then the phone conversations got deeper and more frequent, and the long distance bills got bigger......and then we decided to meet- I flew out to meet him - he lived in Illinois, and I lived in Washington state, so met his parents and family, and then we drove from Illinois to Washington together (no hanky panky either- he was a gentleman) and he met my family. It didn't really work out at the time, and then we went our seperate ways, still friends....then about 8 years ago I received a letter from him trying to catch up and find out where I was and what I was doing, and I called him....and then the calls, and the instant messages and emails started....I had ended a VERY difficult relationship in the middle of this with a partner that went off the deep end during the breakup, and my pen-pal was very supportive...decided to see each other again and he flew out here to see me. Figured out the feelings were mutual, and both of us were on the same page and willing to do whatever it took to be together...and the next time I flew out to see him, he drove us back with a jeep full of his stuff...and we were married a year later, and now will be celebrating 5 yrs in July, and have 2 little boys age 3 and 1. I can tell you there's not a day that goes by that I know God had something to do with us finding each other, and that we BELONG together. Is it still butterflies every time he walks into the room, well, no. But I can't imagine life without him. He and our boys are everything to me. : ) So, I don't know if it's a fairytale to you, but it was my dream come true.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ I can only hope that one day a 1,000 years was worth the wait ... ~

Dreams come true every day ... if we leave expectations at the door and accept, love and respect somebody for the person they actually are ... there most certainly can be a ... Happily Ever After.

Btw ... I'm a dreamer. But I wouldn't want it any other way ! :flowerforyou:
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Nope they don't, but it is nice to day dream about them!
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    They totally do ;-)