Positive Feedback please

Options
So, after looking at the different posts and looking at what others have said about protein shakes I was a little discouraged with all the negative comments. I have always cut my calories when I try to lose weight, however, my dad recently told me that with all the working out I do I should drink a protein shake. I have two servings of the powder (90 calories each) fruit (about 30 calories) and water with raspberry flavoring. The whole "meal is about 250 calories and it is about 24 ounces of smoothie. The protein acts as a filler and I am able to get to the next meal without feeling hungrey. I have also been taking a multi vitamin. I drink one in the morning to start off my day but am thinking about replacing another meal with the shake and adding in a snake for hunger if I should get hungrey. The problem with this is I am eating only about 800-900 calories a day, which I know is bad for you, however, am told that with this meal replacement shakes you can replace all three meals if you want. I am not planning on doing that but enjoy these shakes alot...(you just have to find the right things to add to make it taste good to you)... I just want to know thoughts...I am so discouraged with the negative feedback some have got from protein shake posts and hope for a little bit more advice to add to the diet and if anyone has had experience with this type of diet. I work out 2 hours a day a hour of cardio and a hour of strength training. Thanks!