Weight Loss Prediction after Completing Food Entry

Options
JB5349
JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
So ironically enough I realized that yesterday I had not recorded all of the water that I drank. So when I entered it MFP then recalculated my predicted weight in 5 weeks to be 5lbs heavier than what it was before I added the last 12 glasses of water.

Has anyone else had this happen or is this just some sort of weird flaw in the system. I would not think water would make you gain weight ( interms of drinking it not retaining it).

Secondly is there such a thing as drinking too much water in a day. When I am working I average 18-24 in a day when I am off I struggle to try to get 12 in?

Replies

• Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So ironically enough I realized that yesterday I had not recorded all of the water that I drank. So when I entered it MFP then recalculated my predicted weight in 5 weeks to be 5lbs heavier than what it was before I added the last 12 glasses of water.

Has anyone else had this happen or is this just some sort of weird flaw in the system. I would not think water would make you gain weight ( interms of drinking it not retaining it).

Secondly is there such a thing as drinking too much water in a day. When I am working I average 18-24 in a day when I am off I struggle to try to get 12 in?

hey im not sure about drinking too much water but i found this site just the other day it may be useful
    http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm
  • RoosMommy01
    RoosMommy01 Posts: 88
    Options
    I personally think there is such a thing as drinking too much. Normally during the summer here in Texas I will drink water all dang day because of the humidity. There are certain times when my stomach will start hurting so bad that I feel like I want to puke and it's only on days that I drink tons of water.
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes there is such a thing as drinking too much water. Look up water intoxication.