Why am I not losing weight?

Options
I eat healthy, I stay around 1200 calorie intake. I don't drink soda anymore, or really any junk food. I'm active at work standing on my feet all day, and I do a ton of walking and such, but I'm not losing or gaining any weight. I don't get it. I dipped down to 140, and then I'm back at 142.6 and the scale isn't budging... I don't understand..

Replies

• leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Try eating a bit more if you have an active lifestyle, mfp recommends 1200 net (calories in - calories burnt, so if youre exercising youd be inputting those calories and eating them back) if you want to lose 2lbs a week but for a lot of people that isnt realistic.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy, I stay around 1200 calorie intake. I don't drink soda anymore, or really any junk food. I'm active at work standing on my feet all day, and I do a ton of walking and such, but I'm not losing or gaining any weight. I don't get it. I dipped down to 140, and then I'm back at 142.6 and the scale isn't budging... I don't understand..

Try measurments, perhaps you are losing inches and not weight
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Usually, eating more is a good way to get your weight loss back on track if you've been on a 1200 calorie diet. I've had to bump min twice now... I went from 1200 to 1350 to 1700 whenever I hit a plateau... I'm only 4'11" and still losing consistently at 1700 calories a day (plus my exercise cals). Don't be afraid to eat... as long as you aren't way overeating you'll be fine... but you have to keep in mind undereating is just as unhealthy. You have to fuel the machine. :)
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Usually, eating more is a good way to get your weight loss back on track if you've been on a 1200 calorie diet. I've had to bump min twice now... I went from 1200 to 1350 to 1700 whenever I hit a plateau... I'm only 4'11" and still losing consistently at 1700 calories a day (plus my exercise cals). Don't be afraid to eat... as long as you aren't way overeating you'll be fine... but you have to keep in mind undereating is just as unhealthy. You have to fuel the machine. :)

this^^
  • klp121689
    klp121689 Posts: 4
    Options
    Im in the same boat.. I eat around 1200 cals a day and some of my exercise calories and i work out atleast 4 times a week for an hour each time and the scale is not budging :(
  • closet_fatty
    closet_fatty Posts: 109
    Options
    My measurements are consistent.

Wrist:6''
    Waist: 27.5''
    Hips: 38''
    Forearm: 8.5''

I'm trying my hardest to drink more water, and I'll try out upping my intake.
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My measurements are consistent.

Wrist:6''
    Waist: 27.5''
    Hips: 38''
    Forearm: 8.5''

I'm trying my hardest to drink more water, and I'll try out upping my intake.

Theyre almost my exact measurments! My waists 27 and my forearm 9 but spookily similar!

But yeah try upping a little bit or eating back your exercise cals :)
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I would say you probably need to eat a bit more. Plus pay attention to your protein, carb, and fat ratios...that may help a bit too. If you like I can help you take a look at what you are eating on a regular basis and see if there is anything that could be causing a plateau. I have been there myself and when I started to eat more and change what I was eating I saw immediate results.