soda!!

Options
moreno89
moreno89 Posts: 210 Member
so i've been drinking soda since i can remember,it was so bad that i would drink 5- 8 soda's a day,well i recently just quit like a month ago but i only did it because i wanted to lose weight fast,i don't crave it or want it,i was just wondering if someone like me saw results asap after not drinking soda any more because i haven't,i thought for sure after i stopped i would have dropped at least 5-10 pounds? anyone with a similar story or advice??

Replies

• Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So do you only drink water/diet drinks w/no calories or have you replaced it with something? Maybe a dumb question....but weight loss is primarily tied to the amount of calories consumed vs the number of calories burned. If you are drinking juice or something else with the same number of calories maybe you won't see a big change.

I am still trying to figure this all out myself but thought I would add my 2 cents.
  • moreno89
    moreno89 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i was only drinking water after i stopped but then i started drinking juice, i've been told some juices are just as bad as soda so i've switched to apple juice but still no results?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    will be interested to see what others have experienced. I too, had a BAD soda addiction, and have replaced those 700+ calories day i was drinking with water.

even if it doesn't result in weight loss in and of itself, im glad I am doing it and know its MUCH healthier for me!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    honestly, i would switch to water only. it will definitely be healthier. apple juice still has calories. you can eat them or drink them - id rather eat them ;)
  • rjams
    rjams Posts: 48
    Options
    Yes when I gave up soda, i lost 8 lbs! But the unfortunate thing is if you drink one or two you'll prob get hooked again :/
    I am on week 2 of no soda...again. lol.
  • penelopepitstop2012
    Options
    I used to drink coke all day everyday but stopped like two years ago and swapped it with diet cranberry drink its soooo good and if i feel like something fizzy I add sparkling water to it. in terms of sugar content in drinks just check the label on the bottle and you will soon realise how much your drinking
  • sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda, started dringing flavored sparkling waters..curbs my thirst for a soda.. I think because of the bubbly :)