New vegan looking for support network of friends

Options
I have been playing around with vegetanarianism for a few years, but I am tired of playing around. I keep putting off the truth of what I know--that veganism is the ethical, healthy and humane choice. We are closest to herbivore primates (chimps, etc) than omnivores (dogs) and carnivores (cats). Our digestive system is designed to process complex carbohydrates like potatoes and yams, not eggs. Anyway, you all know this. I want to make sure that I succeed in my new life. I went out and bought some iron and vitamin B-12 for starters and I am taking Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer once per day. I like to lift weights so I could use some help with nutrition and protein needs. I want to be part of the Vegan Support Network of Friends (VSNF).

Replies

• bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    There are couple of groups u may want to join: happy herbivores and team vegan. Maybe there are even more. Welcome.
  • pollymertens
    Options
    Hi,

if you're looking for a great book about athleticism and veganism, I recommend Thrive by Brendan Brazier. You mentioned that you're taking Vega supplements - he's the founder of Vega. Good info about protein calories from green leafy vegetables vs animal products. Amazing to me this stuff isn't more mainstream!

Hope you enjoy that read.

Polly
    http://www.GetBusyThriving.com
    (my eating disorder recovery website)
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    Yes. I am familiar with Brandon Brazier. My wife made me aware of him a couple of years ago. I should get the book.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am vegan myself! I think that you are off to a great start. I would check out veganbodybuilding, they are a great network to get connected into. Also like someone mentioned I also really like Happy Herbivore, Engine 2, Fat Free Vegan recipes. I know there are groups everywhere. I also have a group on Facebook full of athletes who have chosen to be vegan. Feel free to add me and best of luck to you on your new journey
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Today is a great day to go vegan! Awesome, gastanker! I'm a vegan, currently doing p90x2, very focused on meeting my nutritional needs (especially protein) and my diary is open to friends. so feel free to add me.
  • johannajebediah
    johannajebediah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    hey! i'm also a new vegan (day 2 for me). feel free to add!