Do you binge when you lose appreciable weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• 17DayDietGal
    17DayDietGal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I used to do that, only it was more self-sabotage than anything else.

For me now, it's taken me a little over a year to reach the 97 lb loss place and I'll be darned if I'll start going back up again. Plus the changes I've made in what I eat -- I can't eat a lot of fatty stuff like the cheese I used to oh-soooo-enjoy, as I pay the consequences in the bathroom.

It depends whether this is a healthy lifestyle eating change for you or JUST a diet. If it's JUST a diet, then yeah I get it that you reward yourself with food for doing good.

See if you can change your thinking to it just being a healthier way of eating.....and you may find that you do this less.

Also: What shows up on the scale today reflects what you ate two to three days ago. That's always good to keep in mind when your weight goes up.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I do binge or slack off sometimes to reward myself but i consider it self sabotage in a way.

I have other rewards waiting for when I reach my goals, like new clothes and some tattoos that I want far more than any binge of calories. Plus I'm very curious to see all this lean mass I've been busy building that is hiding underneath my fat. It's already starting to show itself and even a hint of muscle definition just drives me harder. I think in another 20kg time I will be huge, just in time for summer (Xmas)

In the battle of self indulgence or narcissism, I think for me the latter wins.