OK - What is your funniest workout story?

Options
Mine was several years back when I was walking on a 2 mile walking track along the Tennessee River. It was mid day and a lot of elderly people were also walking. Well I had this older couple ahead of me and I was pushing it really hard. I wasn't trying to pass them but the old lady kept looking over her shoulder and then I noticed after I came thru a group of trees they had actually been running to stay ahead of me. So game on. .. I was set to beat these old geezers even if it meant they broke a hip trying to stay ahead. When they couldn't see me I would run too. We were like kids fighting over who is gonna win.
Like I said it was a two mile track so we stayed close for more than a mile then just when I was willing to cut through the woods and be ahead of them. .. I called a friend of mine on the cell phone and told them about this old couple. We came up with several plans for me to pass them like cutting thru the woods and then slowing down so they could catch up and try to firgure out how I got ahead. Then I thought I am letting two 80+ yr old drive me crazy. I continued my pace and at the bridge they left the track but not without the old broad giving me a look like "We won!" So I finished my 4 mile walk that day and let them feel great for beating a young whipper snapper.

Replies

• leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Mine was several years back when I was walking on a 2 mile walking track along the Tennessee River. It was mid day and a lot of elderly people were also walking. Well I had this older couple ahead of me and I was pushing it really hard. I wasn't trying to pass them but the old lady kept looking over her shoulder and then I noticed after I came thru a group of trees they had actually been running to stay ahead of me. So game on. .. I was set to beat these old geezers even if it meant they broke a hip trying to stay ahead. When they couldn't see me I would run too. We were like kids fighting over who is gonna win.
    Like I said it was a two mile track so we stayed close for more than a mile then just when I was willing to cut through the woods and be ahead of them. .. I called a friend of mine on the cell phone and told them about this old couple. We came up with several plans for me to pass them like cutting thru the woods and then slowing down so they could catch up and try to firgure out how I got ahead. Then I thought I am letting two 80+ yr old drive me crazy. I continued my pace and at the bridge they left the track but not without the old broad giving me a look like "We won!" So I finished my 4 mile walk that day and let them feel great for beating a young whipper snapper.

Aww thats really nice of you and good on you for not cheating with a shortcut haha!

My funniest work out story is when i was at the gym and somehow managed to trip on the treadmill, flew backwards and landed on my bum on the floor behind it, i managed to just get up and get back on like nothing had happened but im pretty sure a few people got a giggle!
  • lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    mine just happened last saturday. i set out for my run. music water the whole nine yards. being in Vermont, a whole batch of bugs have just hatched. i HATE flying bugs. especially when im running. i look like im having a seizuure as im swatting the damn things away from me. i happened upon a turtle. not a big turtle, but one that needed to be saved from his untimly death of either a car or the horses right across the street from where he was. so i picked up the turtle and started running with it. mind you i am still a half mile away from where the water is that i plan to let him go in. his head comes out of the shell and he starts to try to bite me!! little frikker!! im trying to save him. then if that wasnt bad enough, he starts hissing at me. im telling him to calm down and shut up and all the sudden the lil brat pees all over me. so here i am running down the road. imagin if you can a full grown 5 8inch woman running down the road swatting horseflies and mosquitos the size of planes and carrying a hissing and pissing turtle!!:laugh: i finally got him down to the water, he looked back at me is if to say " thanks *****" and went into the water. a passerby stopped and said i had done my good deed for the day. if he only knew!!
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    dropping my iPod, while on treadmill, stepping off the back to get it, and having my face come up into a guy's crotch that was (trying) to walk by...
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Mine happened yesterday. I thought I was fully alone on the path I was walking on so I was dancing/walking to my music and a really full beat song came on. I started dancing like crazy as I walked and did a little spin and just my luck there was the guy right behind me. He smiled and took off jogging past me and I just walked slowly trying to keep myself from dancing. Hopefully I don't seem him again today when I go for my walk lol
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I once went head of heels in my body combat class. My feet stayed my body went. Needles to stay the class was packed and I was the person that never missed the class so it wasn't like I was new my friend who was beside me almost stepped on me . Yay me !!
  • amricha
    amricha Posts: 4
    Options
    pahahahahahaha thses stories area all awsome!

i was on the cross trainer, got tired of holding the handles and decided just to try with my hands by my sides or like in a jog position,
    i went to change a song on my ipod and because i changed my focus i guess i lost balance and wasnt able to grab the handles back in time........so yeah, basically fell of windmill style. NOT my finest moment and everyone saw. i walked hed down in shame out of there.
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Mine is similar to PP. I dropped my Boyfriend's Ipod when I was on the treadmill. I panicked, pressed the pause button and tried to stop too quickly. I fell off the treadmill, onto my *kitten*.
    Great stuff!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I love these...peeing turtle is my fav so far! Lol...what a fun thread!

So my story has to be when I first downloaded Endomondo on my phone...(fitness tracker...speed n distance n all that)...and it works off GPS...so I go outside and sit on the deck checking it out. I get a little hot so I decide it would be a good day to go on the treadmill instead of bake in the sun. I step on the treadmill...turn on my tracker...do my 30 minutes...get off and check my results.

It says I went NOWHERE!?! Shook my phone. Pretty sure it's broke...

Duh...I really didn't go anywhere...according to GPS. LOL...and no I'm not even blonde. :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Was running a few weeks ago on a treadmill and totally sent my phone flying off the back.. and of course the cute trainer at the gym had to be the one to pick it up.

I was also working out with my trainer one time doing a bench press with dumbbells and he was straddling the bench behind me to help steady the weights so I didn't drop them on my face. I went to lay down on the bench and realized that my head was touching his junk... and of course we had 3 sets to do... I was like this prob. looks so wrong right now!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    LOL. They probably were finishing their 6th mile. It's always the older folks who show me up!

I actually had the same thing happen to me one day when I was walking the dogs at the park. I walk them at 4 mph, so I usually pass all the walkers as I am going along. I am walking 3 big dogs, so passing people can be tricky sometimes, waiting for a break from oncoming walkers, joggers and bikers and getting around when there isn't a jogger, biker coming from behind me. When I pass someone, I want it to be the only time I have to do it, I sure don't want to have to pass the same person over and over. One day there was a woman in front of me, I kept catching up to her and her little dog. The little dog kept looking behind him because I have three big dogs so he was a bit worried. What most dog walkers do is pull their dog to the side (to save them from having to drag their own dog along every 10 steps when they look back at my dogs). Not this lady. She was determined that she was going to outpace me. So I would catch up to her, then she's look over her shoulder at me and start running until she was about 20 feet in front of me. Then she'd walk. No, she wasn't doing the C25K. She would only run when I got close. Finally she decided that she wasn't walking as fast as me and she must have been tired of running, so she moved to the side so I could pass. It was really amusing to me while it was going on!

Today some guy jogging in the opposite direction said hello to me and promptly farted really loudly. He passed me again later and I wondered if he had even realized that he had farted earlier. LOL
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have two. One is about bugs as well, no pissing or hissing turtle in my story though. I was getting up early in the mornings to go for a walk. This particular morning I decided to take a set of hand weights along. Well part way through my route, a June Bug went wizzing through my hair! I did what everyone instinctively does, I tried to swat it out of my hair....with the weight in my hand! I clunked myself in the side of head, felt a tad dizzy, looked around to see if anyone was around! Thankfully I took the three pound weights a nd not the ten pound weights otherwise I might have been a speed bump on the road. I ended up with a headache a goose bump.
    Second one - while on my eliptical, I reached for the remote to change the channel, not stopping as I was in the zone! When I reached for it, the moving arm handle hit me smack in the eye! Thankfully there wasn't a bruise the next morning.
    I swear exercise equipment will do me in before being overweight will!
  • tasmin21
    tasmin21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was doing a new yoga program, and my nine-year-old daughter happened to be camped in the living room, so I told her no matter what, if I fell over, she wasn't allowed to laugh at me. And I did, and she didn't laugh, and it was awesome.

So the next time I pulled out that same dvd, she looks at me and says "Mom? Can I laugh this time?"

Aw, why not. I laughed too when I fell over that time.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I have a black lab and I put saddle bags on her so she could carry stuff for me. I was walking her on the bike path carrying my stuff and I had so many people stopping to tell me what a nice dog I had. I didn't think anything of all the cooments but when I told my husbabd he told me that people probably thought I had a medical condition and she was my working dog. I haven't used it in a while but might do it to see if I get the same comments.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I:embarassed: will make it short and simple, at the end of a long walk very hot and tired, Crossing a major intersection some guy pulls into right lane to make a right on red and i was walking there he yells "Fat *kitten* get out of my way" being in a ornery mood yelled back "Wanna see a fat *kitten* " as i proceeded to moon him.
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I fell off the gravity machine once...while laughing at another person who had almost fallen.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    mine just happened last saturday. i set out for my run. music water the whole nine yards. being in Vermont, a whole batch of bugs have just hatched. i HATE flying bugs. especially when im running. i look like im having a seizuure as im swatting the damn things away from me. i happened upon a turtle. not a big turtle, but one that needed to be saved from his untimly death of either a car or the horses right across the street from where he was. so i picked up the turtle and started running with it. mind you i am still a half mile away from where the water is that i plan to let him go in. his head comes out of the shell and he starts to try to bite me!! little frikker!! im trying to save him. then if that wasnt bad enough, he starts hissing at me. im telling him to calm down and shut up and all the sudden the lil brat pees all over me. so here i am running down the road. imagin if you can a full grown 5 8inch woman running down the road swatting horseflies and mosquitos the size of planes and carrying a hissing and pissing turtle!!:laugh: i finally got him down to the water, he looked back at me is if to say " thanks *****" and went into the water. a passerby stopped and said i had done my good deed for the day. if he only knew!!

ahahahah!!!
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can understand some people's confusion as to my gender when I am dressed. However, I had just finished up a swim and was in the locker room completely naked when an older woman walked in. She said oh my gosh this is the women's locker room. I looked at her. Looked down at my rather large boobs and said, oh sweetie. You need new glasses
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    When I started dating my boyfriend, we went to workout together. I didn't know much about working out with free weights although I had been to the gym alot. He suggested I try doing some lunges with the bar....well I have ALWAYS sucked at lunges but I figured I should try. Well, I got into the second one, squeaked, tipped over, and had to sit there with the bar still in lunge position until he came from a few machines away to rescue me. Everyone was staring....:embarassed:

I also tripped running once on flat sidewalk. Fell and scraped my face and hands...try explaining that to people: "What happened?"
    "I tripped running..."
    "On what?"
    "Uh, my feet?"
    :noway:
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    too funny not to bump!
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I was walking in the early morning hours with a friend and we were in her fairly new subdivision where several houses were in the process of being built. Turning the corner and heading very slowly toward us came a white van that was literally just creeping along. We kept walking and on the next street realized the van had joined us again. We started to get kind of freaked out, and cut across an empty lot to get to the next street over, when, sure enough, here came the slow moving van again. We were both on the edge of screaming for help when we realized it was the newspaper man, trying to find his way through a new route. Hah!