cardio supplements?

Options
sabrekism
sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
hello

anyone knows if there is a supplements for for cardio like it has for strength training?

my current program is only 45 mins treadmill and 15 elliptical as im early starter.

and my goal is pure weight loss but i wish for longer and better performance does anyone have an idea?

thx for help in advance :)

Replies

• ktwest2107
    ktwest2107 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's called cardio cuts, and it is friggin AWESOME!!!!! It's a powder you mix with water 30 minutes before you workout. Great energy, gets your heart rate up, and has a complex that attacks your belly fat. I've been taking it a couple of weeks now, and I love it :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    It's called cardio cuts, and it is friggin AWESOME!!!!! It's a powder you mix with water 30 minutes before you workout. Great energy, gets your heart rate up, and has a complex that attacks your belly fat. I've been taking it a couple of weeks now, and I love it :)

over priced nonsense but if it gives you a mental boost to help you work out...whatever

as far as cardio supplements....none needed. try doing your cardio in a fasted state for awhile. you will like the results
  • sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    hey thx for answering ^_^
    but heart rate up?? no thx all i need is a thing to keep me endured and energized no heart up thingy plz ...because my heart rate will be already up using the cardio :P
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Oxygen.
  • Kirsten_Skinner
    Kirsten_Skinner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You could try a product by Advocare called Thermoplus:

https://www.advocare.com/10086684/Store/ItemDetail.aspx?itemCode=T4101&id=A

•Supports the body's ability to convert fat into energy*
    •Promotes a healthy metabolism*
    •Helps suppress appetite*

It is a metabolism booster which should help you with your cardio. I use it and it helps, I also use Catalist, which is an amino acid supplement, since I do resistance and cardio in my program. I have lost 27Lbs since the first of the year and I don't even go to the gym regularly like I should. Slow and steady my friend.

Good luck.
  • MoonlessNight92
    Options
    I use a pre-workout if im doing intense cardio. There are so many out there, but the only one ive tried is Beachbody's energy and endurance. It does contain a lot of caffiene., so dont drink it less than 4 hrs before bed. I dont live in the US, so it was hard for me to get my hands on the Energy and endurance formula, but i got it on ebay. I think if you live in the US you can get it from a beachbody coach or amazon...But there are loads of other pre-workout drinks...and i cant say that the one i use tastes good though XD ive heard from friends that jack3d is pretty good too...but some claim its harmful. I once again will give props to the energy and endurance formula because, it kicked my butt into gear, when i hadnt slept all night, so it was pretty awesome. But once again...it tastes like crap. lol
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I guess it's difficult for some people to simply be nice because they are so much more learned than others.

Happy that bashing people is rare on MFP and that overall people are respectful of others..
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a public forum, just as the OP is allowed to post a question I consider silly, I am allowed to state that I think it is silly.

If all you are looking for is energy, how about just Gu (caffeine and simple carbs) or coffee and a snack.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Oxygen.
    I'll add glycogen too
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Though It's probably not marketed as a "cardio supplement" I've been having good results with Body Fortress NOS Blast....it's simply a "pre workout" supplement, I mix 1 scoop in my Body Fortress Shaker....it's actually a little "weak" to what the directions state...the directions say 1-2 scoops per 8-12 oz. of water....well, I'm using 1 scoop to ~24 oz. of water...I sip on it throughout my elliptical session....and it's usually half way done by the time I'm done with 40 minutes...

it's basically a "nitric oxide powder"...with some creatine.B-6, Folic Acid, B-12 (energy), phosphorus, magnesium, sodium (electrolytes? salt? lol)...has creatine, Arginine, Glutamine, Alpha Ketoglutaric Acid (no idea lol havent researched it lol), Taurine, Lyrosine, Caffeine, White Willow Bark, Leucine, and some other misc. stuff...

No idea if it's a mind over body thing....but I ran out last night, and I noticed a difference in my workout without it :X lol. Even my post-cardio lifting seemed to be affected...couldn't keep us to my typical 40 minutes session, but did finish ;)

I've been recommended by others to just stick to BCAAs on an empty stomach though....but with my current job, can't see getting up at 5 a.m to go to the gym when I don't get to bed until 12 ;)

Though gotta admit....I was really kickin the weight when I was working out in the morning, pre-breakfast on an empty stomach (without the NOS Blast...lol).