Making fun of the Fatties and the Anorexic!

Options
So I was just thinking to myself after I was reading some posts and I thought to myself about my own actions and actions of others that I have seen in my life. I have picked on very skinny girls in the past and have made fun of them for being skinny and assuming they don't eat. I know that I have had friends that have talked about people being fat, but never to their face. Being a fat person, I never felt comfortable making fun of other fatties. I know it's stupid, and I'm just becoming aware of my past actions.

Now I think though, I have seen consistently that we are willing to make fun of skinny people to their face, but talk about fat people behind their backs. I'm trying to figure out why this seems to happen and is acceptable. I'm a believer that comedy and humor does not have any where that it should not go. rude, offensive and wrong are some of the areas that humor travels too. I love it that way too, but when did it become ok to make fun of one and not the other. To justify one persons weight and to mock the others.

I say make fun of them both equally, but never to hurt. humor is fun, not hurtful. that's the only place humor shouldn't travel to.

sorry if the post jumps around a bit. a bit busy at work and didn't want to lose this thought.