snack ideas?!

lindz528
lindz528 Posts: 5
im looking for a healthy snack that can come in place of chips. my weakness is chips, i love the crunchy-ness.. haha i need some good snack ideas to replace the unhealthy chips, but still give me the crunchy feel. any ideas?

Replies

• sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    special k cracker chips - 27 chips for 110 calories. variety of flavors :)
  • lindz528
    perfect! thanks :)
  • Kale chips!

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F. While it's warming up throw a bunch of kale in a bowl, rub it with olive oil and either salt it or put some spices on it or both. Then throw all your kale on a pan and put it in the oven. I'm not exactly sure how long you bake them for but make sure you turn them once. They're done when they're crispy :)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    roasted salt and vinegar chic peas
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    I love the "Cocoa covered Almonds" by Blue Diamond
    Nuts of any kind
    Fruit
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    pop chips, cracker chips, kale chips or roasted chick peas.. You can make the kale and chick peas any flavor you want :) I will never another potato chip again after trying kale. I am also a big fan of the 100 calorie pack popcorns.. I like to sprinkle it with siraccha and some parmesan cheese..
  • 704fitness
    704fitness Posts: 153
    I enjoy pretzels. They are crunchy, can be salty, and fat free (at least most of them are).
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Popcorn!

Also chopped up celery and apple slices with peanut butter.
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Love Special K Cracker Chips especially the cheddar, I have also just found pretzel chips that are amazing!
  • lindz528
    wow, you guys are great :) wrote all these ideas down.. time to make a trip to the store :)!
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Someone on this site posted a recipe for home baked chips made from 40cal tortillas - giving you quite a healthy handful of chips to eat.

EDIT: here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/446675-guilt-free-chips-and-salsa
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    bump
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Air popped popcorn is a great snack, you can have it any way other than just with the good old fashioned butter, salsa, baby carrots, broccolli, hummus, crackers and of course peanut butter, nuts and seeds, yogurt (both kinds), there's so much out there!!! I even buy the snack packs of things like Thinsations, all the taste without the guilt, 100 calories and if you want another pack and you have the calories left, you can have another!!! :bigsmile:
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    laughing cow cheese wedge, sliced apple or some grapes and a few crackers
    fiber one brownie and a banana
    hummus and veggies
    smart fries ( 65 for 110 cals) YUM! ( with ketchup)
    fudgesicle ( 40 cal ones) and a piece of fruit
    whonu cookies a bit of peanut butter
    cheese stick peeled into pieves, with thin slices of apple and peanut butter on a tortilla ( or banana and pb or nutella on tortilla)
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    this morning/afternoon I had a handfull of dried banana chips and a few ghirodelli chocolate chips...yum! sweet and crunchy.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    this morning/afternoon I had a handfull of dried banana chips and a few ghirodelli chocolate chips...yum! sweet and crunchy.

I'm thinking of making a big batch and putting into snacksize baggies for convenience..with the banana chips and chocolate chips, maybe almonds and few other crunchy yummies that I LOVE that I can get that are also pretty low sodium. Healthy fats are very satisfying, too! When I buy "mixes" there's always ONE thing I dont like in there that gets picked out and I feel like I'm wasting money.
  • dawnlinski
    dawnlinski Posts: 22
    I love to occasionally snack on Quavers (88cals/bag), really gives me a much needed satisfaction for a snack. Other times I snack on carrot sticks and make my own cucumber dip with mint yoghurt.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    I take yellow squash (you could use basically anything), slice it very thin, top with salt pepper and garlic and put it into the oven until crunchy. Yummy and healthy!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Bump
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Kale chips!

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F. While it's warming up throw a bunch of kale in a bowl, rub it with olive oil and either salt it or put some spices on it or both. Then throw all your kale on a pan and put it in the oven. I'm not exactly sure how long you bake them for but make sure you turn them once. They're done when they're crispy :)

I LOVE these...so yummy. I bake mine for about 10-15min.