Low Sodium Soups

Options
katenmills
katenmills Posts: 113 Member
Does anyone know of any good low sodium soups I can buy at the supermarket? Either microwavable bowl ones, canned or concentrate to which you add hot water. I love taking soup for lunch to University 'cause it's filling and easy, but the amount of sodium in some brands is insane! Thanks in advance! P.S. I live in Australia.

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I eat the Progresso ones. They are Decent in the Sodium dept.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I never buy canned soup. Buy some lowsalt chicken broth, fresh veggies, some herbs and a finely diced up baked chicken breast, a little brown rice. buy a few to go bowls ( i bought a dozen at a chinese take out house for 1.00 ) soup for the week and freezes well...
  • katenmills
    Options
    I eat the Progresso ones. They are Decent in the Sodium dept.

I quickly googled the Progresso soups and sadly we don't have them in Australia! Which sucks because on the website it says they even have a reduced sodium range :( ah well, thank you though!
  • katenmills
    Options
    I never buy canned soup. Buy some lowsalt chicken broth, fresh veggies, some herbs and a finely diced up baked chicken breast, a little brown rice. buy a few to go bowls ( i bought a dozen at a chinese take out house for 1.00 ) soup for the week and freezes well...

Yeah I've been considering making big batches every Sunday night for a while. I was hoping to find a low sodium ready made alternative but doesn't seem to be many around so I think i'm gonna have to give in and make it myself! Thank you for the tip on the bowls, great idea :)