For those who lost a lot of weight

Options
I was wondering what happend with the skin after all that weight lost, i had seen a lot of before and after picture and the tummy skin looks good after the weight loss.

Are you using some kind of suplement or cream to tight that skin, or just the skin naturally go back for what it was

PD Sorry if i write something wrong my first language is spanish and dón't know if i express myself well

Replies

• tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I think a lot has to do with where you are starting from, how much you lose, and what your genetics are.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask just got my reply back today from the skin surgeon I have pick to do my 360 body lift... Am setting up a consult with him and hopefully will be scheduling surgery for sometime in the next few months... I have lost over 300 lbs. so my situation is a little different then most but I have a bunch of lose skin that it didn't matter how slow I took the weight off or how much exercise I did there was no way of correcting the damage that was done from getting to 560 lbs. I agree with the other poster alot has to do with age, weight at the start, how long you have been overweight, elasticity of your skin to bounce back after weight loss.... Best of Luck
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    other than just genetic factors and exercise and slow progress on losing...there are skin firming lotions. i havent hit a point that im skinny enough to know what my skins going to be like yet, but i was told that nivea skin firming lotion with q10 is a good one and it doesnt seem any more expensive than most lotions so its worth a try i think. best of luck! :)
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    other than just genetic factors and exercise and slow progress on losing...there are skin firming lotions. i havent hit a point that im skinny enough to know what my skins going to be like yet, but i was told that nivea skin firming lotion with q10 is a good one and it doesnt seem any more expensive than most lotions so its worth a try i think. best of luck! :)

i didnt know there is lotions out for firming?
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You have expressed yourself very well. You definitely speak English much better than I speak Spanish (cos I don't!)

I have lost 62kg and have a bit of saggy skin but it seems to be toning up as I keep working out. I may look into a tummy tuck down the track but for the moment my focus is on getting healthy and losing a bit more weight.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask just got my reply back today from the skin surgeon I have pick to do my 360 body lift... Am setting up a consult with him and hopefully will be scheduling surgery for sometime in the next few months... I have lost over 300 lbs. so my situation is a little different then most but I have a bunch of lose skin that it didn't matter how slow I took the weight off or how much exercise I did there was no way of correcting the damage that was done from getting to 560 lbs. I agree with the other poster alot has to do with age, weight at the start, how long you have been overweight, elasticity of your skin to bounce back after weight loss.... Best of Luck

Wow that's a lot of weight Congrats, yes i imagine is difficult for the skin when is that amount of weight, hope everything goes well with your surgery!!!!
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I lost 200 pounds and no amount of exercise would firm up the excess skin. I just had skin removal surgery last month and the doc removed around 7 pounds of skin. Before and after pics on my blog

jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I lost about 80lbs several years ago and kept it off. I didn't have any issues with loose skin or had to use firming cream, but my body fat was pretty evenly distributed and I just looked solid.

I DID use shea butter and vitamin E on the stretch marks though. It's been about 9 years and they have finally started to fade