How do you log your housework activities?

Options
How do you log your exercise when your doing housework? Such as.. laundry, dishes, sweeping, etc.?

Replies

• pgfitmom
    pgfitmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    In the cardio database there are a few options if you search 'cleaning'.
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't. It is just something I do and I do it a lot. I will log very strenuous yard work.
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If that's what you normally do every day, you can just set your activity level appropriately. Sometimes, if I'm actually moving and working hard for a long time, I'll log it as light cleaning (in the data base)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i dont consider that as exercise because it's not strenuous and it's nothing that improves my general fitness level nor did it help me lose weight when i wasnt actively trying to lose weight, therefore it's not something i'd consider as exercise
  • RoosMommy01
    RoosMommy01 Posts: 88
    Options
    If it's just simple stuff like that then I wouldn't log it. Today was the 1st day I logged "cleaning" as exercise but that's only because I was scrubbing toilets, wiping down walls, laundry, dishes, dusting...so for me I spent at least 2 1/2 hrs if not more at a constant go and was sweating my butt off!
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I don't... I figure that is all a part of everyday living... like walking from my car to the grocery store... Cooking... cleaning... Everyone does it and I personally believe those daily calories are figured into your lifestyle.