Is this feasible?

jnikitow
jnikitow Posts: 334
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I know this is a problem that most people would want to have, I am just making sure it seems right.

I was on a plateau for about 3 weeks or so. Then last week I lost 4 pounds, which was so exciting. Then this week I've lost another 4 pounds. I don't usually lose that much, it is usually about 1-2 pounds a week.

We had to buy a new scale, so I don't know if it is the scale or if I am actually losing. We got the scale before my weigh in day and it still said I lost 4 pounds.

To restate what I am actually asking, is it feasible to lose 4 pounds two weeks in a row after being on a plateau?

thanks

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I lost my weight in spurts just like that. . .

For weeks, even months I wouldn't lose anything. Then, WHAM five pounds in a week or two.

I'd only be concerned if it continues at that pace.:flowerforyou:
  • ellybaby
    ellybaby Posts: 12
    this is how I am losing weight, too. I go a few weeks just maintaining and then lose 3 lbs. whatever works, right?
  • khoolette
    khoolette Posts: 73
    I hope that is what's happening to me, then. I lost 6lbs my first month and NOTHING in the last 4.5 weeks. Maybe I'll get 4lbs next week :0/
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    same with me. it averages out to 2 lbs a week if you count your plateau weeks.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    same with me. it averages out to 2 lbs a week if you count your plateau weeks.

That's a good way to think about it.
  • I lost nothing for one whole month (did lose an inch on each thigh though). I was going to the gym for an hour 5x time a week too. Lost a total of zero pounds. Then I started changing my diet and changed my exercise routine (started jillian michaels). BAM Lost 5 lbs one month, stomach debloated, fat back decreasing, better definition on thighs! That's crazy a lot for me as I don't have a lot to lose...But yes it's definitely possible.
This discussion has been closed.