Arm injuries are making exercise a problem

Options
Saaski
Saaski Posts: 105 Member
Most of my arm-workout is pretty basic. Push-ups, tricep dips, pull-ups, chin-ups, working with free weights, etc. Lately I've been getting this burning pain in my forearms. I take a break from arm work, it gets sort of better for a little while, and then the problem comes back again.

Normal push-ups I don't have a problem with unless I'm really straining, but triangle push-ups I do. Pull-ups and chin-ups I can pull myself up fine, but the release to come down burns. Lifting something heavy (gripping it by a handle with one hand, bringing my arm up into a right angle) I can do, but putting it down by extending my arm hurts. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the pain mostly happens when I extend my arms doing something physical (though other pressures hurt too, if they're extreme enough; doing a half-flag, for instance).

I'm frustrated on not being able to make any progress with my arms. I keep having to take weeks to let them try to heal, change the way I work them (I used to use a bad grip when lifting weights, but have since made sure I grip properly), etc, but they don't improve. I've been doing wrist rotations and wrist-lifts with very light weights to strengthen the soft tissue. I hoping this'll help, but know I'll have to wait a while to see results. In the meantime, I don't want to quit all arm-work waiting for certain parts to heal. If they can even get better at all.

Long story short, I'm looking for some suggestions for arm exercises that won't put a strain on my forearms/exacerbate the issues I'm currently having. Any help would be great.

Thanks!