Replies

• Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    *poke*
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    If this place turns into a Facebook Im out of here, I would like to see a "reps/neg" button for the peeps that contribute good info on here or neg if they just blast complete sh/t all the time
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    *poke*

Yes, we could definitely use a "poke" button!!

And Refried, I agree. We need a + and - rep system. We have that system on arenajunkies.com and it actually helps alot
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Message boards suck without like and dislike buttons. Get with the times MFP.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    *poke*

Yes, we could definitely use a "poke" button!!

And Refried, I agree. We need a + and - rep system. We have that system on arenajunkies.com and it actually helps alot

A reputation system can be nice, but you also have to deal with complaints from people about how their ratings are unfair.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I would like more to have notifications when people comment on statuses you have commented on or things you post on your friends pages...its annoying to have to keep going back...half the time i miss things.

and i would love a like AND a dislike button.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm with Jules2Be!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I would like more to have notifications when people comment on statuses you have commented on or things you post on your friends pages...its annoying to have to keep going back...half the time i miss things.

and i would love a like AND a dislike button.

yeah not having notifications is crazy.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If this place turns into a Facebook Im out of here, I would like to see a "reps/neg" button for the peeps that contribute good info on here or neg if they just blast complete sh/t all the time

A
    +/- button would be even better.
  • TwtyMami35
    TwtyMami35 Posts: 99
    Options
    I do not need another FB page. I like how MFP is different, but I would agree with the ability to have a button to say I "like" "agree" "disagree" or "absolutely love" something. I am all for the positive motivation so let's keep it positive with a button.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    A site like this will never get a dislike button...I haven't been here long...but I noticed a lot of people really can't handle the truth, or someone going against their thought process. It's either you like it and/or agree, or don't say darn thing...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A site like this will never get a dislike button...I haven't been here long...but I noticed a lot of people really can't handle the truth, or someone going against their thought process. It's either you like it and/or agree, or don't say darn thing...

Sometimes it's more like, "Either you like it and/or agree, or you post to show just how vehemently you disagree." :wink:

Sometimes I don't post just because a zillion other people have already said what I was going to say.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

Sometimes it's more like, "Either you like it and/or agree, or you post to show just how vehemently you disagree." :wink:

Sometimes I don't post just because a zillion other people have already said what I was going to say.

:laugh: I know right!

I can see it now....The drama that will follow after someone posting a comment and getting 3 likes and 20 dislikes...

Will be a whole lot of people attacking each other...

Personally I would like to be able to selelct which status' I like to get notifications for...Not all of them...just the ones I select
  • theNurseNancy
    theNurseNancy Posts: 149
    Options
    I would settle for their making the forum's better. Notifications when someone quotes you and when someone replies to your thread would be great. At least a name of the person you just quoted for f' sake.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i quit facebook cause it was mostly crap... here i can talk with people that have the same goal as me
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    I feel like the Like button is a lazy way out of commenting on someone's status. I spend less time over there because of that dang button. I comment on my friend's status's and what do my status's get? The dang like button and no comments......Hmm....maybe I need new friends over there.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    That's so unfair! :laugh:
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    even though i often look for a like button.. i don't think we need a grading system or anything.. if you like something just comment. and if you don't either comment nicely or shut up and keep it moving LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Better bbcode would be a much more useful update, if they're looking for something to update. Adding names to the quote tag, having the img tag work for upper and lower case, etc.

It takes maybe a nanosecond longer to type *like* than it does to click a like button.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up and Thumbs down would be great. Then allow up to search by thumbs up..