Averaging 300 aprx burned calories per day.

2»

Replies

• lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    a 300 calorie burn per day is great, even just 5 days a week but be sure to eat all 1200 calories (even that amount is a bit low). Look for healthier foods to stretch your 1200 calories as far as they will go. Undereating will cause your metabolism to slow down, eating good and exercising will speed it up.
  • WandaJean1564
    WandaJean1564 Posts: 93 Member
    I log all my food...except my morning coffee...i drink 1-2 cups and also don't log my water...I drink lots of it...and I mean lots..I am never without my water.
    I have a better understanding now, thanks to everyone that replied...I guess I am just obsessed with losing weight as quickly as possible, I would love to see a difference by June 15th and feel it too:)
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    I log all my food...except my morning coffee...i drink 1-2 cups and also don't log my water...I drink lots of it...and I mean lots..I am never without my water.
    I have a better understanding now, thanks to everyone that replied...I guess I am just obsessed with losing weight as quickly as possible, I would love to see a difference by June 15th and feel it too:)

There is no way to do it fast, especially at our age (i'm 46), sadly it is a slow process but it can be done with determination and dedication. It took us a while to put it on and it will take us a while to take it off. Please if I can pass on anything that I've learned in my journey it is to eat and nourish the body. I look at your diary and if you are truly logging everything you eat, you are under eating badly. Have three meals a day and two-three good healthy snacks. My diary is open so feel free to look at it to get ideas (excuse Saturdays are they are my cheat days). Get more protein and less carbs and incorporate healthy fats, crazy as it sounds healthy fats burn fat. Eggs for breakfast or a good oatmeal, chicken, fish, shrimp for protein, nuts; sunflower seeds, walnuts, almonds, greek yogurt, just some ideas.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member

I'm 56 years old. I burn about 250-300 calories most days through exercise. My calorie level is 1500 per day plus I eat back ALL my calories. While MFP shows my weight loss should be .4 to .5 per week I losing a pound a week. So don't be afraid to eat at a level that ensures your nutrition.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    take every ones advice if u keep this up by june 15th you will feel like **** and prob look a little sick... consider yourself anorexic
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    The TDEE (how much your body burns per day) for a sedentary, 5'4" , 47 year old woman of your weight is about 1700 calories. By burning an additional 300 per day through exercise, that bumps it up to about 2000 per day - eating anything under this amount will cause weight loss.

You don't need to eat so little to lose weight, and in fact it will likely backfire at some point. Consider eating 1500 per day while continuing your exercise - this should equal approximately a 1 pound loss per week, and will be healthy and sustainable. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • WandaJean1564
    WandaJean1564 Posts: 93 Member
    take every ones advice if u keep this up by june 15th you will feel like **** and prob look a little sick... consider yourself anorexic
    I am going to do my best to follow advice..I want to be thin...not anorexic:)
  • Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142

She was confused, not sick.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    she will start to look a little unhealthy is what i meant by sick
  • Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142
    she will start to look a little unhealthy is what i meant by sick

Oh, I meant the anorexic part. Never mind though, misunderstanding. :) I'm not trying to be a ***** but judging by her diary, (690 calories) I don't know how much she is willing to be healthy honestly. :(
  • Important thing to remember here is that when we want to lose weight, we tend to think we need to stop eating. In reality, if you are telling your body to use more energy; but feeding it less... you are going to hurt yourself. Yes, eat less is good, but not less than 1,000 cal/day. Even if you don't exercise; if you starve your body of the nutrients it needs, your primal survival instincts will kick in. Your body will slow your metabolism down (making it harder to lose weight) to prevent you from dying. It will take nutrients from your extremities and other organs to keep vital parts of your body functioning. Being healthy is not starving; its making better choices.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    I'm just curious- Did this 2012 thread come up on a google search and you registered to reply to it?