daily calories question

Options
For those who have had success on here I have a question.

They have me at 1260 calories to lose 1.5lbs a week. I find myself eating closer to 1400 calories a day without feeling deprived which is a cutback from what I ate before.

How many calories a day did it take for you to lose the weight? Did you exercise? How much a day?

Replies

• gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm quite heavy, so weight comes off quickly, but on a modified Atkin's diet (biggest difference is that immediately after a workout, I allow myself 35g sugar), I eat 1800-2000kcal and lose 2 pounds a week. It depends on a lot of factors, so toy around with your calories and ratios between fat, protein and carbs and find what works for you.

I used to do StrongLifts 5x5 as a weightlifting program alongside some light running, and after stalling on that, I switched to 5/3/1 and am going to start walking/sprinting up and down hills with weights for conditioning.

Remember that fat, protein and fiber all help make you feel full and keep you full, and so does water. So nuts, meat and fibrous veggies (above ground stuff like broccoli, celery, spinach and kale. Starchy veggies are mostly carbs, and at least for me, will make you hungry again 30min later) can help get you full and keep you full. Also, take your total carb content and subtract your fiber from it to get your net carbs, fiber can't be processed by the body like starch and sugars can be, so they actually count as 0 calories. Shame the calorie counter here doesn't let you sort out net carbs.