I just to want eat... until I can't move.

2»

Replies

• jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    All of these are such great tips! I'm the same way- and days off are the worst for me. I sit in my house and think about eating, lol! Horrible. My favorite thing to do, though, is to get on this site and just read! I could probably find something more productive to do with my time, buuuut, if I was able to do that, I wouldn't overeat :) Good luck!
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Wow, a LOT of great responses... it's great to know that there's a place to go when I'm having these feelings!!

I realized that I am under on calories, so I'll probably eat something low in cals... then take my a#$ to sleep.
    I'm probably just eating because of sheer boredom, plus a lot of other problems right now.

You guys are awesome! :drinker:
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    mint, not mint gum or hard candies actual mint leaves, or even mint tea. the oils put your salvary glands into overdrive, your body thinks your still eating. also good for hunger pain.
  • Yoshimi1977
    Yoshimi1977 Posts: 34 Member
    I am totally with all you guys! I have been doing pretty great, I have felt, these first 10 days. But then today I had one Coke and two more right behind it! It seemed to open a junk food flood gate and all I can think about is nachos and fried foods. I'm not caving though, and I am just going to go to bed.
    Thank you all for such great suggestions!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    The spaghetti was your first problem. At least eat whole wheat pasta.

Sorry, don't know your specific situation, but I think you have a "dieting" mentality ("I need to eat less!") instead of a "healthy eating" mentality ("I need to eat lots of delicious, healthy foods"). My guess is you need to eat *more" food, but the right kinds of foods. Lots of chicken, fish, veggies, etc. will work wonders. Processed foods, bread, spaghetti, rice, etc., is just a sugar/carb fest.

When I changed my diet, the first month was hell. I definitely had a sugar withdrawal, as I went practically cold turkey in the beginning. But after I got through the first month, it was much easier. Eat when you're hungry - just the right foods.

Good luck.
  • Maybe if you took that picture of de-leesh looking cina-buns off your profile it would help!! :)

i was gonna say the same thing! :drinker:
  • I eat back my exercise calories, and when I exercise heaps, between all the exercising and healthy eating thereafter, I don't think I have the time to binge :-)
  • just think about how bad you would feel if you were to eat all that junk food, that's what i would do.